Thread: IOCP

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: IOCP

Hi
    I found my overhead event offset, and now i can program my hardware. I have some questions about SIOC, if you fan help me , i'll be very happy
    -i have three position switches, which can have two values. (for example switch with positions ON-AUTO-OFF. Value 5 is from position ON to AUTO or from position AUTO to OFF, and value 6 is from position OFF to AUTO or from AUTO to ON. I hope you understand )
    -the same problem is with rotary switches, which have one value when i am rotating it to right, and other value to the left
    Thank you for your help

150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aufa35 View Post
    Hi
    I found my overhead event offset, and now i can program my hardware. I have some questions about SIOC, if you fan help me , i'll be very happy
    -i have three position switches, which can have two values. (for example switch with positions ON-AUTO-OFF. Value 5 is from position ON to AUTO or from position AUTO to OFF, and value 6 is from position OFF to AUTO or from AUTO to ON. I hope you understand )
    -the same problem is with rotary switches, which have one value when i am rotating it to right, and other value to the left
    Thank you for your help
    If you always start in cold and dark cockpit, there is no problem as long you set your switches and rotary switches to right settings before you leave or load the aeroplane. Some times I use the mouseclick to align switches for the first start.

You can use this script for activate variables:

Var 0000, Value 0 // Initializing
    {
    V0005 = DELAY 30 ,15 // open guard starter
    V0025 = DELAY 34 ,35 // open guard starter
    V0035 = DELAY 116 ,55 // open guard APU doors
    V1025 = 1024 // Set landing alt to 10.24

}
    Sincerely,

Claus

10+ Posting Member

I think you don't understand what is my problem. I don't have problem with initializing, i have problem with switches, which has more than two positions and only two values. For example ENG SYNC rotary switch. This switch can have values 8380 and 16572 (i find out it via gauge composer). For example this switch is in N2 position. When i send value 8380 (via IOCP console), this switch move to N1 position (one to the left). If i send 8380 again, it move to OFF pos. and if i send it again it move to the EPR. So 8380 is value for turning to the left, and 16752 is for turning to the right. And my problem is how to program this switch in SIOC.
    Thank

150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

Hi
    Here is my scibt for APU AIR for the MD-80 (off-on-colder). The same offset is used to trigger the switch up, and an other offset for trigger the switch down.

The electrical connection: Off = input 3 / On = no inputs / Colder = input 4

//_____APU AIR SWITCH__________

Var 0040, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 3, Type T // input for Apu Air Off/on
    {
    IF V0040 = 0 // Off > on
    {
    V0045 = 102 // event: move from off to on
    }
    else
    {
    V0045 = 101 // event: move from on to off
    }
    }

Var 0045, Link IOCP, Offset 2842 // execute Event for Overhead panel

//*****The scribt below are moved down in the scribt, for better reaction time for the switchs******

//_____APU AIR SWITCH COLDER_______

Var 0050, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 4, Type T // input for Apu Air on/colder
    {
    IF V0050 = 1 // on > colder
    {
    V0055 = 102 // event: move from on to colder
    }
    else
    {
    V0055 = 101 // event: move from colder > on
    }
    }
    Var 0055, Link IOCP, Offset 2842 // execute Event for Overhead panel

The only problem is that at startup, the physical contact can be in a position other than the virtual switch. But by exercising the contact to the end points, then the setting will be correct.
    It can be usefull to divided the scibt between each function and move it longer down in the scribt. This gives a minimal time difference when it is read by the program. That minimize a fault reading when the switch is moved quickly across several steps.

This scribt could also be used with rotary switches.

For rotary switches, I have thought about mounting them with resistors so that it works like a potentiometer, and then use an analog input. However, I have not come this far in my project so I have no experience with this yet.
    Sincerely,

Claus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123