Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Throttle offset in SIOC not working with FSUIPC

Hello,
    I moved my sim to a new pc and I was running the trial version of FSUIP just fine with my SICO script. I upgraded to the registered version and now the Throttles don't work anymore.

I didn't change anything else.

I'm using a pot and SIOC. If i switch the offset to something else like flaps and it works fine so i know the pot is not the problem.
    Also my throttle reverse stopped working too. They are switches.

Var 5013, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $088C, Length 2, Value 0 // Throttle 1 Level write

Var 5014, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $0924, Length 2, Value 0 // Throttle 2 Lever write

Any suggestions? I'm thinking the problem is within FSUIPC
    Thank you!

Re: Throttle offset in SIOC not working with FSUIPC

I uninstalled FSUIPC and installed the free version and everything worked fine again! Once i installed the registered version I got the same problem. Seems like the problem is within FSUIPC.
    Anybody experienced this before?

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by twisted8 View Post
    I uninstalled FSUIPC and installed the free version and everything worked fine again! Once i installed the registered version I got the same problem. Seems like the problem is within FSUIPC.
    Anybody experienced this before?
    There isn't a "free" and a "registered" version!! There's only FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4. Registering it unlocks the user facilities, but it's the exact same module either way. The registration is contained in the KEY file in your Modules folder. Simply re-installing does not change that.

If, when registered, your FSUIPC isn't working correctly it can only be one of three things:

1. Your registration is incorrect, possibly made by a pirate key generator. If this is the case, which seems unlikely, simply delete the KEY file and don't try using that key again. Please email the details to me so I can track the villain down.

2. Your registration was purchased in 2010 or 2011 but you are trying to use a version of FSUIPC from 2009 or earlier. That won't work.

3. Your system date is wrong, earlier than the purchase date of your registration key, making the latter look illegal. This often happens when folks have reinstalled windows or changed their mobo battery and forgotten to set today's date.

These are the only three situations in which you'll experience what you describe.

Note that the earliest supported versions of FSUIPC are 3.98 (for FS9 and before) and 4.60 (for FSX and later). These will both be superseded in April this year.

Incidentally, there is a perfectly good support forum for FSUIPC which is where you should be asking questions like this. you will generally get a faster response from me there as I vsit it many times every day (holidays excepted).

Regards
    Pete

Thanks Pete for the quick response! it turned out to be #3. I had the wrong date on the new PC. It was set to 2002. It all works great now.
    Thank you!