Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Smile South African flight enthusiast

Hi there to all!
    My name is William J. Patterton and I live in a town/city called East London, South Africa. I have had a love for flying since a young age -
    unfortunately I could not pursue my yearnings of becoming a fighter pilot and have instead settled for doing it from the comfort of my own home.
    I did have the pleasure however of building a 2 seater Skyranger (Jabiru motor) with my brother in law about 4 years back - it came out quite nicely!
    I am an avid gamer, but my flight simming still takes priority - I have: FS - century of flight, FSX: Gold, Xplane9, IL2, FS Combat Sim 2 & 3, Lomac (still need to download FC 2), Commanche, Blazing Angels, had HAWX 1, looking at 2 - I even still have Crimson Skies - one of my all time favourites!
    I had one of my friends, who builds computers build me a nice setup and proceeded to purchase Saitek X52 pro HOTAS and rudeer pedals. I use Trackir 5Pro and have recently purchased a 27" Samsung LCD monitor. I have built an Akers - Barnes mark 1, but am looking at either re-doing it and making it bigger and more user friendly; or build something better, but still cost effective (we just had our second daughter in December, so cash is thinly spread nowdays!) - also saving up for an 18" touchscreen monitor to incorporate the Touchbuddy software. My biggest concern now is my simpit however - I need to get it into shape - I would this really appreciate some suggestions - My main material used would be 18mm MFD/Plywood.
    I have also looked at using PVC piping. My main problem is that my space is also limited. I have even looked at simpit seats like the Obutto etc. , but would rather build my own one and save money.
    Any suggestions

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: South African flight enthusiast

Howzit Boet and welcome to MyCockpit.org. Although I am on the other side of the world at the moment it is always lekker to see another Saffer on these boards!

What are you planning on building? A single seat generic fighter style cockpit?