Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Is it possible to wire up a Saitek Throttle to a Bodnar card?

Hi,
    I am trying to get my real TQ to work and am using a bodnar card.
    I have manage to take apart a Saitek throttle unit and attach it to the throttle on the real TQ.
    I only need the one axis from the saitek and wondered if it was possible to connect the saitek to a bodnar card. It has three wires coming from it red, yellow and black and I have wired it to the card but it does not work. It registers that there is a x axis connected but the results are erratic.
    Anyone know if it is possible, after all it is just a small pot and should work. I just dont want the saitek throttle connected as I will have no use apart from the one lever.
    I know I could just attach a pot to the lever but the space is limited and I have managed to attach the saitek lever to the real throttle and it work fine,I just dont want all the remainder of the saitek throttle with all the possible complications that can occur.
    I know I am not making much sense, even to me. But if anyone knows what I talking about....HELP..
    Allan.

PS. I have managed to get the spoilers and parking brake wired up using a microswitch and they are working great.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Is it possible to wire up a Saitek Throttle to a Bodnar card?

You and potentiometers just don't seem to go do they Allan :P
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Re: Is it possible to wire up a Saitek Throttle to a Bodnar card?

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    You and potentiometers just don't seem to go do they Allan :P
    True but I am a stubborn bleeder'......
    It is all working great (famous last words).
    I now have a fully functioning overhead and the TQ which came with the aircraft is all wired up and working properly. I never did solve the problem of using the saitek pot with the bodnar card so I just extended the wires and tucked it away out of sight. It works but is not ideal.
    I now consider the build finished and will enjoy what I have achieved. Obviously they are never truly finished and will add to the cosmetics, just today I bought a fuse panel off ebay which I will somehow attach to the back wall to give a bit more character, but that is just for show.
    Allan.