Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

SIOC server and clients

I need help to understand how I can run several instances of SIOC where only one instance have direct connection to the software sending&receiving offsets/values (PROSIM737).
    There is a option having SIOC clients on other IPs, but how to configure this and where and how to place the different scripts?
    Today I run one script for my CDU+f/o EFIS on PC2 and one script for my rev-sim TQ on PC1. I also need to run a script for my overhead some time soon (soon is relative) and if possible, I want to run this from PC3 or at least able to do so.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Thanks Perik thanked for this post

Re: SIOC server and clients

Hi there,

I have 2 SIOCs running on one PC where instance 1 is reading all hardware and fsuipc offsets at a speed of 50 times per second.
    The second instance is reading only fsuipc offsets at a rate of ones every two seconds. The purpose is to have fsuipc offsets available
    which change a lot but I do not need to see those changes that fast (ex : planes location).
    You just need to enable in the server SIOC instance the client, change in the client SIOC the port number of the serverport and thats it.
    If you need more detailed info I can give you tonight when I am home

Greetz Peter
    FS9+PM+AST+opencockpits

My wanted solution is somewhat different spreading the different scripts to several computers, but I will remember what your method of spreading load.
    I believe I want a solution to a system as on the sketch below. Maybe I have misunderstood how we can use the server option, but I hope it can be done.

HI

do the sioc script at the TQ have to work together witht he script at the OV? If not then you could treat them bot seperate and connect them via FSUIPC and WIDEFS both to the PC1.
    If they have to work together then you need to determine the SIOC with the least logic and the least vars (SIOC2) and connect that one to the SIOC server which connects then to PC1 (SIOC1).
    Then you just create in the script of SIOC1 some vars which represent the state from SIOC2. SIOC 2 does some logic on its inputs and changes those
    vars on which it has registered in SIOC1.

Greetz Peter
    FS9+PM+AST+opencockpits

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    The redesigned driver architecture that the last release of Prosim737 has, allows creating multiple sioc connections as IOCP Server (Go to configuration -> “Drivers”).

I have already tested with the Simcards MMB Ethernet from Sismo Soluciones and using SC-Pascal as server which allows connections through FSUIPC and IOCP (it works similar to Sioc server).

Before this last release, I was obligated to include all the Hardware less MCP/EFIS in the same script server, I mean, Overhead + AFT Ovhd + ATC panel + Fire panel + MIP were included in the same script.

Now, I could separate in multiple SC-Pascal Servers in order to get higher efficiency and separate the different scripts in different computers each one (different IP addresses) offering me more adaptability.
    I am testing with the following IOCP Servers (SC-Pascal):

IOCP Server 1. MCP/EFIS
    IOCP Server 2. MIP+TQ
    IOCP Server 3. FWD Overhead + AFT Overhead
    IOCP Server 4. Pedestal + Fire Panel

Simply Great!

AHA!
    I have my pit in pieces due to yoke assembley, so I haven't tested the latest updates, but couldn't stop thinking about how to set things up again when the yokes are ready to be installed.
    Thanks a bunch!

Hi,
    The redesigned driver architecture that the last release of Prosim737 has, allows creating multiple sioc connections as IOCP Server (Go to configuration -> “Drivers”).

I have already tested with the Simcards MMB Ethernet from Sismo Soluciones and using SC-Pascal as server which allows connections through FSUIPC and IOCP (it works similar to Sioc server).

Before this last release, I was obligated to include all the Hardware less MCP/EFIS in the same script server, I mean, Overhead + AFT Ovhd + ATC panel + Fire panel + MIP were included in the same script.

Now, I could separate in multiple SC-Pascal Servers in order to get higher efficiency and separate the different scripts in different computers each one (different IP addresses) offering me more adaptability.
    I am testing with the following IOCP Servers (SC-Pascal):

IOCP Server 1. MCP/EFIS
    IOCP Server 2. MIP+TQ
    IOCP Server 3. FWD Overhead + AFT Overhead
    IOCP Server 4. Pedestal + Fire Panel

Simply Great!
    good solution ....Muchas gracias JuanMa...
    Oscar Cancho - Guadalajara -(Spain)
    www.xpandt.com

Hi,

I am sorry but I dont know anything about SC-Pascal drivers. Let me just shed some light on what SIOC does as a server or as a client
    maybe with that info you'll know wether or not it can serve youre purpose.
    SIOC is a program containing a database with many variables. Each variable has a value, a script to execute when the value changes and
    a list of clients registered to this variable. So when a variable changes value all clients are send this update via the IOCP protocol.
    This is actually pure text protocol telling that var x has now value y. This informing a value changes goes two ways. The client has vars defined
    as LINK_IOCP with a number. This number corresponds to the var number in the server. So when SIOC starts it reads in the config file the
    server address and port. It will then send a register to the server for all vars specified as LINK_IOCP. When the var changes in the server, the client
    will know and when the client var changes value it will send this to the server.
    So actually you can describe this behavior as a number of vars in the server and in the client which keep synced. Dont forget that a change in var value will trigger the attached script to be executed as well in the server as in the client.

Greetz Peter
    FS9+PM+AST+opencockpits