25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Testing Level-D SDK-FSCONV

Hi everyone,
    This is my very first post after my presentation. I'm a total beginner and I tried to search in the forum database but I got no answers to my questions. My intention is to try to build a Boeing 767-300ER home cockpit, based on Level-D product. Since my budget is very limited, I'm trying to do some preliminary experiments with Level-D 767, FSCONV (by NICO KAAN) and Level-D SDK (demo version I think). For every function, in the FSCONV user manual there are some tables which provide some info (hexadecimal offset, size, bit etc.) that are to be entered in FSUIPC (I think in the "Key Presses" tab). I don't understand how to manage these information, how to enter them properly in FSUIPC and what option choose from the drop down menu. For instance, from the FSCONV "Lights Button Command, Toggle version", I can see that for the Red (Beacon) Lights, the offset is 34, the size is 2, the type is "toggle" and the bit is 2. I tried to enter these data in FSUIPC in several modes but without any luck. With a default aircraft, choosing a non-offset option, (for instance "toggle beacon lights"), FSUIPC works fine. Could you please help me to find the right way? Thanks, Marco.

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Re: Testing Level-D SDK-FSCONV

Hi Marco,
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmegi View Post
    For every function, in the FSCONV user manual there are some tables which provide some info (hexadecimal offset, size, bit etc.) that are to be entered in FSUIPC (I think in the "Key Presses" tab).
    FYI: Normally, Home Cockpitbuilders, using cockpit building systems such as FSBUS, Opencockpits, Phidgets, (that can operate upon FSUIPC offsets) will use these offsets. These systems connect buttons, switches, displays, leds and so on to these extra Level-d 767 specific FSUIPC offsets, provided by FSCONV.

Working upon these FSUIPC offsets within FSUIPC itself, via the Buttons and Keys tab is an option, but then your are limited to Joystick buttons attached to your PC, and your are limited to the operations (FSControls) available in FSUIPC. For instance, sometimes you have to set one bit and reset another bit in one go, which is not possible in one FSControl operation.

But toggling the Beacon light should be possible: select offset 0x8B34, size 2 bytes, parameter 0x4 (= addressing bit 2) and use ToggleBitsWord.

However, I strongly recommend to use Opencockpits Iocards and SIOC, then you can forget about FSCONV and use my much more powerful lekseeecon program. Note that you will not be able to build a cockpit just with some Joystick buttons ...

Have Fun,
    Nico Kaan
    Last edited by kiek; 02-12-2011 at 04:08 PM.

25+ Posting Member

Nico, thank you for your reply. My idea is to build a cockpit just for my fun, using a hacked keyboard as interface, since it would be a cheaper way. As I realized, it seems not possible to do. I read some articles about home simulation, I also visited Opencockpits website but in my mind there is still a lot of confusion! Could you please clarify about what basic hardware/software components I need to control main functions in the FS? Thanks a lot.

Marco

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

As I realized, it seems not possible to do.Marco
    I don't think that is true. With a keyboard it is also possible; then you should use the Key tab of FSUIPC. Upon receival of a key you can define the FSControl that triggers a FSCONV function.

but in my mind there is still a lot of confusion!
    Well, continue reading, and reading and reading, and look at examples, eventually you will see the light.

regards,
    Nico