Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Aerosim Solutions B737 simulator rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
    I have deleted some threads here because as a moderator I believe it was the responsible thing to do. Should you have any further queries or criticisms then please feel contact me, this was done in respect of Gwyns thread. Thank you. Alex
    Thanks Alex, you beat me too it!
    I have moderator privelages on my forum and I was going to delete the posts that could have been perceived in the wrong way, I have spoken to Efe and no offence was taken but I would like my forum posts to stay with the subject matter and that is "Westozy's Mechanical Engineering". I share most of my designs openly to all, only the items destined to become products for Aerosim stay under wraps at this end. I do check in on my forum everyday and I appreciated the builders who jump in with valid solutions to questions asked. I would like to remind all uses of my forum that it is for discussing mechanical issues, there is not a lot I can help with in regard to software issues other than knowledge I have gained from experience. There does seem to be a high number of software questions asked here.
    To all followers of my simulator rebuild, I thank you for your interest and I hope that you gain a few good tips along the way!

Cheers Gwyn
    Aerosim Solutions

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2. Thanks No Longer Active, AK Mongo thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

This sounds VERY interesting! I have thought about a unit with motorization for the speed brake, trim wheels and auto throttle that could be fitted to any third-party quadrant. On my Simparts TQ, I could connect such a unit with rods to the different levers, and perhaps a belt (toothed, like in printers?) to the trim wheels. A PNP unit with everything built in, just apply power and a USB cable.

If this is what you have in mind, I would be VERY interested!

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi all,
    After about 25 hours of CAD design I've started on the new TQ at last. It has working autothrottle drives utilising clutch packs on the main axle, these clutches also provide the friction for manual operation. I think the clutch packs and A/T drives are a very viable stand alone product so they are earmarked for production and should benefit a few Boeing TQ builders in the near future.
    This is my new TQ so far...
    Aerosim-Solutions-B737-TQ.jpg

A new partnership for Aerosim Solutions will mean I will have ten pairs of B737 trim wheels available soon similar to the ones on my TQ, they will definately be the cheapest on the market. More on this later!!!

Cheers Gwyn
    Aerosim Solutions

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi all,
    I've made some more progress on the new TQ this week. The auto throttle drives and clutches work great and I'm really pleased with design. Having everything on the main axle keeps it compact and the clutches double up as friction devices for the levers in manual operation. I think these clutches and A/T drives will make a great product and I will release them next year. The two big white gears on the outside are for the trim indicators, they are linked with and idler shaft and small gears. The trim wheels will be powered to spin and it will have a working trim pot. It's quite a novelty to be making something for myself for a change!!!
    0210.jpg
    0310.jpg
    044.jpg
    Trim-wheels-12.jpg

Cheers Gwyn
    Aerosim Solutions

6. Thanks Matt Olieman, riche543 thanked for this post
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi all, some more pics of my TQ which is almost completed! It has auto throttle function, motorised trim wheels and speed brake, working trim indicators and a solenoid operated park brake lever. All labels apart from the fuel valve position will be backlit. This unit has my new trim wheels which are available as a product now, I haven't worked out a price for them yet but they are available as seen in the photos or with an optional flip out crank handle. I haven't made the flip out crank handles yet but I'll get onto it soon. The park brake light cap is a genuine Boeing unit, the first real part to grace my sim. I am awaiting a pair of real eyebrow trims from AHPS to be able to redo the roof structure steel work.

Another couple of weeks and I should have all the top covers made, it's getting really exciting! I ordered my radio console panels from Geremy at GLB Flight Products in order to save some time and I must say that the quality of his work is outstanding and highly recommended. The panels compliment the Open Cockpits radio modules perfectly, thanks Gez!

Cheers Gwyn
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 09-25-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added links to images

MyCockpit Support Staff

More progress pics from the last two weeks...

01.jpg
    04.jpg
    03.jpg
    02.jpg

I still have to make and fit the trim indicator covers and labels, park brake switch and solenoid, LED lighting, wiring and paint. Not too much longer!

Cheers Gwyn
    Last edited by Westozy; 10-08-2012 at 07:26 PM.

9. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    Likes Matt Olieman liked this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Gwyn,

The image links don't work mate...

Cheers
    Joe.

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lavery View Post
    Hi Gwyn,

The image links don't work mate...

Cheers
    Joe.
    Fixed I think!!!
    cheers Gwyn

12. Thanks fsaviator thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    Hi all,
    At last I have cleared the backlog of orders and made another start on the Aerosim Solutions B737 simulator! I have just sold my old throttle and overhead so I thought I would start by making a new TQ. Here are the first pictures of TQ handle bodies, the backing plates that the lever handles attach to will be made from 3mm aluminium plate.
    I'm not really planning to release a B737 TQ as a product as there are already so many available elswhere but I am thinking about releasing my VCarvePro CNC files at the end of this build when the set is completed for other CNC users. Stay tuned for more progress on the TQ build as it happens!!!
    Attachment 6045
    Attachment 6046
    Attachment 6047
    Attachment 6048

Cheers Gwyn
    Aerosim Solutions
    hi Gwyn,
    have you released the CNC files? how can i get it?

thanks

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by zqzzd View Post
    hi Gwyn,
    have you released the CNC files? how can i get it?

thanks
    Hi there, no decision has been made as yet with regard to releasing my TQ as a product or releasing the CNC files. It depends on the cost of manufacturing the TQs in China. If it appears unviable, I will probably produce a project book with a DVD for home builders. The CNC files still need some work so that they accurately capture all the additions and alterations that occurred during the build and when the unit has been completed, I will have to dismantle it for wiring, painting and lubrication. When it is in pieces at this time, I will revise and update all the CNC files that have been produced in Vectric VCarvePro6.5

Cheers Gwyn

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast