10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Puerto Rico!!!!!

Hi everybody:

I'm ElektroPR from Puerto Rico and I'm planning to build a Cessna 172 simulator with motion platform. I'll be posting details and requesting help in the appropiate section of the forum (GA Section).

150+ Forum Groupie Atomic_Sheep's Avatar

Re: Hello from Puerto Rico!!!!!

Have you checked out x-sim website for motion platform information? Also, how many dof platform are you planning on building?

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the info on the x-sim website, I didn't know of its existance. I think i'll do a 3 or 4 DOF, 3 for the rotation on "x","y" and "z" axis and maybe one additional DOF for "y" displacement (up and down short fast movements to simulate turbulence). I will implement the extra DOF depending of its complexity and also depending if the maximum G force of the electronics, that will simulate the instruments, could handle that type of movement. I heard in many forums that 3 DOF is more than enough, so I'll probably stick with 3. I'll keep posting more info in a new thread at the appropiate section, GA Aviation.

Super Moderator

Hello ElektroPR,
    Welcome to the forum!

150+ Forum Groupie Atomic_Sheep's Avatar

Can't help you with the selection of how many dof to go for nor do I know enough about the pros and cons of 3 vs 4 but based on what I've read, 3 or 4 should be relatively quick, easy and relatively cheap to get up and running in its basic form. I'm pretty sure 3 and 4 dof open source code exists on X-Sim which means that all you basically will have to do is get the hardware and connect it all up and away you go. But don't quote me on that one. From what I've seen, 3 and 4dof platforms are very common and therefore I'm pretty sure you will be able to quickly find an appropriate solution on the X-Sim forums in no time at all.

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for your advice Atomic_Sheep. For now, I will focus on the cockpit/shell. After the cockpit/shell I will start with the panels. Finally I'll will start to look into the motion plataform stuff. I will continue the development of this new C172 simulator at the appropiate section, GA Builders. I will really appreciate any help. You can find the thread of my simulator in the following link: (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...ect?highlight=). Thanks.

PS: Thanks for the welcome Joe Cygan.