Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Pushbutton and toggle switch double action?

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire9 View Post
    Sounds to me like the "enable joystick" box is checked on,, in the fs settings ??
    You should make sure it is off. Sometimes when FS is started that 'enable joystick " setting turns itself on ?? For some reason. When this happens,, FS automatically assigns certain switches and axis to the joystick . That would screw up your FSUIPC assignments and double some up etc !!

The BU0 card shows up as a joystick but you should turn it off in FS and only go through FSUIPC. Double check every so often that the "enable joystick " option hasn't turned itself on.
    The problem with that is , I use a joystick aswell in my setup as a tiller and use some of those buttons. I have deleted all of the other assignments in FS and saved it. I have Saitek yoke, pedals and 2x throttles, if I disable the joystick, I think i'll just run into more trouble.

Drewsta

150+ Forum Groupie

I wonder if you can assign your Saitek joystick and everything else through FSUIPC and disable the joystick setting in FS ???
    That might work a lot better.

Maybe someone with more knowledge on FSUIPC can add some input.

Hey everybody.....SOLUTION FOUND and it works well too! After hours of playing with fsuipc settings, I could not get the pushbuttons and switches to work with the BUO386X and the Leveld 767 like they should. I knew that most sim builders have no problems in setting thier switches with fsuipc, so I gathered it had to be the interaction with the Leveld 767 itself. So here is what was happening and what I did to fix the problem.

First up I tried setting the switches for the taxi lights. I flicked the switch and the button showed in the fsuipc box as normal. I looked down the right side colums for a command that would suit the taxi light for the LDS767, of course there isn't one! So I created a keypress (very oldstyle I know) and set the switch with the left hand colums in fsuipc etc. When I tried the switch, it did work but never stayed in sync and worked only by double flicking the switch for on and double flicking it again for off, very unrealistic! This was the same for all the led latching pushbuttons too! I played with different settings and ticking different boxes, button to be held etc but couldn't fix the problem. I started thinking that the buttons were not doing thier job properly or maybe I wired them up poorly. I had to disregard that theory because when I looked at the BUO386X in the fs calibration page, it showed all the buttons and switches lighting on and off correctly on the test page. That told me all the switches are doing their job in that respect.

SOLUTION>

I knew through these forums and other sources such as the inspiration that is Ian@737ng.co.uk that using the righthand column in the buttons and switches tab of fsuipc was going to be my best option in solving this problem, so I concentrated there. I was toying with the idea of Nico Kaans awsome fsconv software, although quite outdated its still a great way to interface for some sim pits. That my friends for me was going to be a steep learning curve and perhaps only doable over time. His latest Leekseecon program is the obvious chioce for LDS767 builders as it is a really powerful tool for builders to play with and though it is much easier to use than Fsconv, it will still be a steep learning curve for me but definatley the way to go in the near future, just not right at this point. If your like me, we tend to look for quick fixes and work on the better stuff while we still have a working solution now to play with. So, how am I going to assign a button to a Leveld 767 "fs control" that isn't there? "OMG...just create one ya silly goose I thought!" "Mousetrapping!" I had played with mousetrapping at the very beggining and got myself into all sorts of problems and it all seemed to be getting worse. What I realise now is that in my haste I failed to follow the correct procedure and left out an important step, which in turn was causing the sim to play silly buggers!! Using the mousetrapping technique i was able to create all the Leveld767 "Fscontrols" for the right hand side fsuipc column. Then I had something to assign my buttons and switches to! Now they all work properly and I and one happy camper. Creating a macro if you will is nothing new to simbuilders, just something I overlooked because I got it wrong in the beggining.

For those who don't know what "mousetrapping" is, I could explain it but I'll give you a video link which has everything you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccpIHJgoWIo

Thankyou to all who read and replied to this thread, it's always appreciated.

Drewsta

4. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Hi,
    Good to hear you've found a way forward. Congrats! (although creating mouse macro's and assigning those with fsuipc is more complicated imho then writing a single SIOC line of code )

For the time being this is a solution indeed. Note that, soon the day will come that you want state information from the Level-D to drive leds/digits, ... Then you have to switch to more advanced solutions, such as lekseecon

Nico

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

hello drewsta......
    good man, glad you worked it out mate
    enjoy what you've done and you just upped your experience level
    have a great day tomorrow too
    rgds

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123