Thread: GF-MCP Advanced

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GF-MCP Advanced

Hi

Is anybody using the GoFlight MCP Advanced with PMDG 737/600 700 series and/or with Wilco 737-300 series in FS2004 ?

I am a bit lost if it is compatibale or not. Great if anybody can advise or direct me in this.

Thx

by the way; I am completing my flight deck building soon, so just a matter now of getting software running and installing hardware

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: GF-MCP Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by dvanv View Post
    Hi

Is anybody using the GoFlight MCP Advanced with PMDG 737/600 700 series and/or with Wilco 737-300 series in FS2004 ?

I am a bit lost if it is compatibale or not. Great if anybody can advise or direct me in this.

Thx

by the way; I am completing my flight deck building soon, so just a matter now of getting software running and installing hardware
    Works perfectly with the Wilco 737 PIC and the Level D 767 (and, I believe, with Project Magenta).

However you need an extra bit of not-cheap interface software to get it to work with PMDG. There was a licensing dispute between PMDG and the original interface code writer who started FlightsimLabs (don't remember exact name of new company) and I think the software was withdrawn from sale although FSX software is available. Someone else may chip in here with the exact facts.

Also, if you look on Peter Dowson's forum on simflight.com some folks have produced FSUIPC LUA applications to enable the MCP Pro to work to some extent with various other aircraft.

--
    Bryn

--
    Bryn

Thank you Bryn for responding. I have the MCP Advanced and not Pro. I got a second hand one for a very good price. I plugged it in and installed the Goflight software. No issue. I can select level-d and PM software, not wilco 737. I did not have time to install wilco 737. My hop eis that when I select level-d it will trigger with Wilco 737 as well since they come from the same supplier so I take it they use the same logic behind building the auto pilot. I got the Go flight part with the gear handle as well and this works fine withn PMDG.

150+ Forum Groupie

Sorry, should have read your spec more carefully.

Level D 767 and Wilco 737 are from completely different software companies/teams so there won't be any shared code at all. As far as I know, all the MCP Advanced can do is interface with standard FS autopilot functions, so it all depends on whether this is what the PIC and Level D use. I'm not at home at present, so can't test for you - perhaps someone else could step in.

--
    Bryn

Indeed, Wilco and Level-D are seperate. I realize now that I don't need PMDG or WIlco since I am building my own flightdeck (737NG). Instruments (PFD, ND and Eicas) will be displayed by FsXpand. WHat I now did is downloaded an excellent Project Open Sky 737, they load by default the 737 panel from FS2004. With this the Goflight MCP Advanced works perfectly.