Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GoFlight GF-MCP Issue - Dashed lines through displays (FSX, Win7 64bit)

Hello all, This looks like a great forum. I look forward to diving in.

I am a long time flight simmer that dates back to the Commodore 64 days. I got really heavy into the hobby in 2001. Back in those days I ran WinXP and FS9. Life got in the way for me around 2004 and I took several years off.

I'm back and just built a new PC to run FSX on. It is a homebrew machine running Windows 7 Professional, 64bit. Like I said I'm running FSX. and have both SP1 and SP2 installed.

I have several GoFlight modules and have all working fine with exception of the GF-MCP. I'm running the latest GF Config client (1.93 build 20). The GF Config client sees the MCP so all looks good there.

I learned a long time ago the GF-MCP likes to have it's own USB connection and I'm running it direct from the PC. When FSX starts the GF-MCP has lines through the LCD windows and basically does not function at all.

I read on the GoFlight Forums about the issue being fixed by using a USB 1.1 connection. I find this a bit odd. I haven't used USB 1.1 in years and my guess is the GF-MCP was developed on USB 2.0 technology anyway. Here is the thread I'm talking about. http://www.goflightinc.com/ShowThread.aspx?ID=77

Anyway...what else am I missing??? I really miss my GF-MCP and want to get it back going.

Jerry

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: GoFlight GF-MCP Issue - Dashed lines through displays (FSX, Win7 64bit)

Just an update.

For the most part I've managed to resolve my issues. I'm about 95% there. Part of the issue was a setup issue on my end. I resolved that by going into the GFConfig utility for the MCP and hitting the reset defaults. The only other odd issues is after about an hour or so of flying the MCP displays will go dark. I can turn the knob and it'll come back. The buttons for HDG Hold, IAS hold etc. will also go dark.

The other issue is a little more annoying. Just about everytime when I start a descent, I'll notice the vertical speed will jump from say 1800 to 4000 with no change from me. In addition, the MCP may also deactivate the IAS Hold even though all buttons are lit.

I've been in touch with GoFlight and they have been extremely responsive to my emails. Will speak to them on the phone tomorrow.

Jerry
    Please visit my Flight Simulator Blog
    Position and Hold