Generic GA Sim Builder Jordan Farmer's Avatar
    Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom, 1.14701878546E+14, Exeter, Devon
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Mod

Hey there guys. As a jobless builder, i cant afford to fork out on new yokes and whatnot, but i would like my sim to be fairly realistic, so i have decided to modify my saitek yoke. i have already started, and now all i need to do is bolt everything together and weld a small bracket. Basically i bought a cessna 150 dual yoke set with the y piece, and being a noob at the time, i didnt realise how small the gap was between the 2 yokes, not for me! i still wanted to have the original yoke in my cockpit, and have been wondering for a while how i could fit it to my saitek yoke. I took the actual cotrol handle off the front, and this took some doing! After, i went about finding a way of reducing the size from the saaitek shaft to the cessna shaft, in the end i sued a block of wood and a 1/2'' pipe! Now all ive to do is fix the yoke to the saitek unit, and put all the bits together again! I will post some shots tommorow and may make a PDF documenting how it can be done. Cheers,

Jordan

Maximize Your Driving Distance

Maximize Your Driving Distance

One has to try new techniques, all the while hoping that a poor habit hasn't formed from the earlier one. Practicing with your golf equipment is the best step to maximize your driving distance. You need to find a training method suitable for your style of play. ishiner

25+ Posting Member

Re: Maximize Your Driving Distance

I am very interesting in your investigations and experiences here Jordan. I'm building a C172 panel and interested in what others have done with Saitek mods generally.

Jack
    If it's ain't broken, break it and then fix it !

Generic GA Sim Builder Jordan Farmer's Avatar
    Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom, 1.14701878546E+14, Exeter, Devon

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Mod

Hmm, wel, i wont go into great detail, as things will get very boring! My first bit of advice, dont use saitek kit to use for modifying, things can get bad!

Secondly, make sure you document exactly where everything goes, as things are easily frgotten, and thirdly, make sure that you take 15 minutes when the case is open, to look around, and make sure you know how it should look, i would take a few pictures.

Im personally quite dissapointed at the build quality of this product, its not expertly done at all! Wires dont have connectors, they are jst soldered and glued in place, and everything is way too flimsy. Im going to go ahead and buy some yoke control heads from somewhere and build my own setup, ive been wanting dual control for my sim, but that will come after ive build the encolsure!

Any more questions, please, feel free to ask!

Jordan

5. Thanks jackwall thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Mod

Hmmm .... Thanks for the information here. Something to think about for sure. Disappointed to hear about the quality of the Saitek inners .... hmmmm. Great advice on taking pictures and 15 minutes to study .... I've learned that the hard way already

I'm building my panel and gauges presently. My planning is pretty advanced and I've started to build but there are some future proofing items [dual yoke control] which is still needed some thought. I intend to build as much as possible.

I've been using Saitek for the last year or so and it's fine as it.

Best of luck with your plans.

jack
    Last edited by jackwall; 09-27-2010 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Spelling and minor changes
    If it's ain't broken, break it and then fix it !