Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Feeling frustrated on avionics choices...

Im starting to look at avionic packages for my sim , first of all PM and SA are completely out of the picture due to price.

That leaves me with,
    FSXPAND, not a complete systems package but would do what I need if only it would run consistently.

Aerosim 737 avionics suite, so far the most promising except I cant get it to work great with an autopilot.

Ellie avionics. To me the best looking package but, you cant get on their website 99% of the time. I guess they dont care about potential customers like me that are close to purchasing their product.

Ive tried a few free beta versions including Freefd, either dosent work or I dont like the look.

What other options are their??

Guess im getting anxious to get the sim flyable..

Scott

Re: Feeling frustrated on avionics choices...

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

I\d say go with freeware stuff for now. Don't spend any money until you see what Prosim will be releasing. I am one of the beta testers and I can assure you that no stone is being left unturned in the process of building the most accurate 737NG suite that is out there. And the price will be in reach of everyone!! The core / heart of the project is the overhead logic which is available and which is FREE for non-commercial/private use. Support is added/being added for CPFlight, Flight Illusion, Phidgets, Opencockpits and other mainstream hardware brands.

Once it has been released you can try the demo versions and then decide which commercial package you'd be interested in getting. Do a search here on the forum for Prosim to find out more about the software and to see some screenshots.

Boeing 777 Builder

I don't know much about the Prosim package but Flight Deck Software seems to be a good lower cost alternative. If Prosim comes up to scratch and is free then fantastic. Personally I just bit the bullet and purchased the full Sim-Avionics suite as its the only option for a 777, and with the backing of FDS its sure to continue improving.

Otherwise just sink your money into a high spec i7 PC and run PMDG panels and outside views on multi screens. You can suppliment some panels like the EICAS with FSExpand as Ian Sissons is doing very successfully and get the overhead operational using mouse macros etc. This of course assumes the use of FS9 until the PMDG NGX is released (soon).

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

For 777 avionics I would indeed not go for Prosim as it is only 737NG compatible. Prosim will not be free but it will be affordable to all, I cannot give you any pricing info as I do not have any info on that. You can download and play with the logic/core program. It can be found here: http://www.prosim737.com/

I will be posting some screenshots later this weekend of the suite software in it's current stage and running on my sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Otherwise just sink your money into a high spec i7 PC and run PMDG panels and outside views on multi screens. You can suppliment some panels like the EICAS with FSExpand as Ian Sissons is doing very successfully and get the overhead operational using mouse macros etc. This of course assumes the use of FS9 until the PMDG NGX is released (soon).

Ken.
    I currently use the above method whilst awaiting the NGX.
    I am keen to move to fsx, is there not another payware aircraft we can use in the same way,
    until the NGX is released?

Regards

steve

Boeing 777 Builder

Steve, there is Wilco's 737PIC but isn't an NG series, otherwise many and varied freeware versions from the likes of Project Opensky or others you might find on Avsim.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by capetonian View Post
    I\d say go with freeware stuff for now. Don't spend any money until you see what Prosim will be releasing. I am one of the beta testers and I can assure you that no stone is being left unturned in the process of building the most accurate 737NG suite that is out there. And the price will be in reach of everyone!! The core / heart of the project is the overhead logic which is available and which is FREE for non-commercial/private use. Support is added/being added for CPFlight, Flight Illusion, Phidgets, Opencockpits and other mainstream hardware brands.

Once it has been released you can try the demo versions and then decide which commercial package you'd be interested in getting. Do a search here on the forum for Prosim to find out more about the software and to see some screenshots.
    I have the beta version of the avionics from Marty, it looks good but as of now I cant interface his MCP with my VR Insight MCp, now this may change when I finally purchase my CP Flight MCP but for now I cant work it to well. Im currently using the OH logic with great sucess. For now I will mostr likely purchase FSXPAND. I was planning on it anyways but was putting it off for awhile.
    Ive gotten some of the bugs worked out of my system with it and seems to be playing nicely..

IAnd yes I keep forgetting that whem PMDG releases its NGX for FSX everything may be different..

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are willing to purchase high-end hardware like CPFlight's MCP, then surely PM can't be that far out of reach.

To me it's daft not to couple quality hardware with the software it deserves. But I agree, this hobby can expensive, but we kind of suspected that before we started!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast