Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: My hybrid cockpit build

I made the shell so it could be used for a smaller version of a 737 cockpit because i am still not shure if i will go embraer or boeing.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Im glad you did that, been looking for a while,my skills do not reach that far.I really appreciate you sharing with us Kurby.
    Good luck with your build.
    Les

Thanks for sharing this file Kurby.
    Its close so something I had in mind. I might have to scale it down a little bit but other than that Will be a while yet before the build will start.

Thanks for sharing the pdf plans Kurby, I've been hoping that someone would develop something exactly like this for awhile. I'll be sure to share a few photos with you as I build. You mentioned that you needed to fix something on panel 18, was this fixed before you uploaded the PDF? If not what was the issue, I'll see if I can try and fix it before I start cutting the parts. Thanks again Kurby, I hope to be making sawdust within the week.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Thanks for sharing the pdf plans Kurby, I've been hoping that someone would develop something exactly like this for awhile. I'll be sure to share a few photos with you as I build. You mentioned that you needed to fix something on panel 18, was this fixed before you uploaded the PDF? If not what was the issue, I'll see if I can try and fix it before I start cutting the parts. Thanks again Kurby, I hope to be making sawdust within the week.
    Those plans are pre part 18 fix, basicly the bottom outer part of the curve was to wide, i needed to shave of about 1 cm o so from the midle to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by kurby View Post
    Unfortunately i don't, i never got to that fase of the 737 3d model, since i decided to create a hybrid frame instead, sorry.
    Not to worry Kurby, i think with your pdf you have made a lot of builders very happy, if my mip fitted i would be tempted to build this too, you have created a pro cockpit shell within reach of anyone with a few handtools and a jigsaw or of course a local wood cutting yard to do the work.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
    Not to worry Kurby, i think with your pdf you have made a lot of builders very happy, if my mip fitted i would be tempted to build this too, you have created a pro cockpit shell within reach of anyone with a few handtools and a jigsaw or of course a local wood cutting yard to do the work.
    No need to thank me, if i could find a little spare time i could easily do the same for the 737 shell, who knows in the future. You can suggest to my cockpit admin to do a pole, if a lot of people wanted the 737 shell like this it would be a great incentive.

I think you could fit a 737 mip just by loosing a bit of the clock plate on both sides, but this is just by rough measurements.

8. Thanks flightman01, Shawn thanked for this post

I hate to even ask this Kurby but what are the chances that you could put the PDF together so that it prints onto a different paper size. Our printers here at work can't print A2 and even our plotter doesn't seem capable of doing this? All of our printers can do 8.5" X 11" (Letter size) or 8.5" X 14" (Legal) I know this would mean a lot more cutting and taping but that's not a big deal. If this is going to be difficult to do, don't worry about it. I can always try and find a print shop that's capable of printing on A2 paper size. It's probably pretty obvious but I'm really looking forward to putting your plans to use.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I hate to even ask this Kurby but what are the chances that you could put the PDF together so that it prints onto a different paper size. Our printers here at work can't print A2 and even our plotter doesn't seem capable of doing this? All of our printers can do 8.5" X 11" (Letter size) or 8.5" X 14" (Legal) I know this would mean a lot more cutting and taping but that's not a big deal. If this is going to be difficult to do, don't worry about it. I can always try and find a print shop that's capable of printing on A2 paper size. It's probably pretty obvious but I'm really looking forward to putting your plans to use.
    I could do this, but it would not do you any good, normal printers don't print the complete page when it is using the full paper size like the pdf, there is a small resize to leave a small bezel all around the page, it needs to be printed in architetural print type of printer, so it is true 1:1, thus the A2 size, all major print shops have these.

Thanks Kurby, I'll just find a print shop that can print A2, I called one this afternoon and they hadn't even heard of A2 paper size but the phone book is full of them, shouldn't be hard.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast