10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Where I put this file? The GC from PM not response to some knobs.

Hello everybody!

Well, I have downloaded the file 737-700PMDG.txt file from PM to config the 737-700 from PMDG cause the GC it's not funcional at all. But I would like to understand: where can I put this file? is needed to rename it? what can I do with it?

My problem is with some knobs from MCP (from Opencockpits), like HDG, SPD, that are not response in GC when I change it.

Note: I“m just testing PM in only one computer.

25+ Posting Member

Re: Where I put this file? The GC from PM not response to some knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmte. Pena View Post
    Hello everybody!

Well, I have downloaded the file 737-700PMDG.txt file from PM to config the 737-700 from PMDG cause the GC it's not funcional at all. But I would like to understand: where can I put this file? is needed to rename it? what can I do with it?

My problem is with some knobs from MCP (from Opencockpits), like HDG, SPD, that are not response in GC when I change it.

Note: I“m just testing PM in only one computer.

This is a tough one, as you say you are running the PM software on one computer and you mention the GC part of the software, but not the MCP or CDU parts of the software.

The text file you have mentioned is used by the PM CDU part of the software and if i remember correctly goes in the \CDU\Types folder. You can then select this within the CDU to set the aircraft you are flying.

For the MCP issue, are you running the PM MCP? If yes, have you set the com port for your physical MCP in the MCP.INI file, so the PM software can communicate with the hardware?

I have had some issue with my CPFlight MCP and the PM MCP software, where i need to restart the PM software sometimes, as they get out of synch, or they just stop talking to each other.

I hope this was helpful. If not drop me a private message and i will see if i can help more.

Regards
    Ben

10+ Posting Member

Re: Where I put this file? The GC from PM not response to some knobs.

Hi Ben!

Firstly, thank you for the fast answer.

I'm just running the GC of Project Magenta for the tests right now. But I was thinking wouldn't be necessary to run CDU...

I have the MCP from Opencockpits and I'm not running the MCP from Project Magenta.

A friend, here in Brazil, told me that would be necessary a configuration file for the 737-700 PMDG to run it with GC of Magenta. Do you know something about this?

With the 737 default of Flight Simulator 2004 all the functions of GC Magenta are totaly funcionals.

When I'm running 737-7 PMDG, the knobs of HDG and SPD not funcionals. That's the problem!

Best regards!

Luiz Clįudio
    Brazil