Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxi Lights

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Taxi Lights

Hi everyone. Can somebody please help with my taxi lights problem? My taxi light switch in any of my aircraft, does not seem to work properly. It is linked to my landing lights switch. I can flip the taxi switch, nothing happens. I flip the landing switch, both landing and taxi lights come on. I can not get them to work independently. I have had this problem since I bought FSX. I reinstalled FS9, they work fine. I have FSUIPC, that didn't make a difference. I have changed my hard drive, that didn't make a difference. I have upgraded my windows from XP to Windows 7, same thing. I used to have a 3rd party aircraft installed, same thing.

Is there anyway of altering the bitmap (not sure if that is the proper term) of the landing lights, and assigning it to the taxi lights?

I'm getting close to actually building a cockpit. And I would like to get this fixed. My only other option is to try another copy of FSX.

Thank You

25+ Posting Member

Re: Taxi Lights

Quote Originally Posted by hurl2space View Post
    I used to have a 3rd party aircraft installed, same thing.

Is there anyway of altering the bitmap (not sure if that is the proper term) of the landing lights, and assigning it to the taxi lights?

I'm getting close to actually building a cockpit. And I would like to get this fixed. My only other option is to try another copy of FSX.

Thank You
    one question
    your 3rd party aircraft installed work in fs9 but not in fsx??

Because 3rd party aircraft dont lunch SDK , and if no SDK is difficult know what offset used.
    Default aircraft use "default fsuipc sdk", but 3rd programs can program all system and we dont know the offsets (Ex.: B737NG - PMDG)

Sorry for my english

25+ Posting Member

This issue happened before and after the 3rd party plane. In my opinion, this seems to be an FSX issue. I even contacted Microsoft support. I have a guy working on a solution. But no offence to Micosoft, I'm not expecting much. The guy there can't figure it out, and is sending it to his supervisor.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by hurl2space View Post
    This issue happened before and after the 3rd party plane. In my opinion, this seems to be an FSX issue. I even contacted Microsoft support. I have a guy working on a solution. But no offence to Micosoft, I'm not expecting much. The guy there can't figure it out, and is sending it to his supervisor.
    Offsets in FSX is different in FS9?
    I cant think other problem.

300+ Forum Addict

Are you using a button (such as a joystick button) to trigger to taxi light? If so, you need to set up a button to trigger the landing lights as well. You have FSUIPC, use it to set the button press to set TOGGLE TAXI LIGHTS setting. For landing lights, use TOGGLE LANDING LIGHTS setting for the different button. Also, look into getting Shockwave 3D Lights Redux which will help with the lights and how they look. They look amazing using this program...

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkcombs View Post
    Are you using a button (such as a joystick button) to trigger to taxi light? If so, you need to set up a button to trigger the landing lights as well. You have FSUIPC, use it to set the button press to set TOGGLE TAXI LIGHTS setting. For landing lights, use TOGGLE LANDING LIGHTS setting for the different button. Also, look into getting Shockwave 3D Lights Redux which will help with the lights and how they look. They look amazing using this program...
    He can use fsuipc macros too no?
    Its a good idea!!

Or if he is used a IOCard (FSBus, Opencockpits...........) he can access direct fsuipc offsets.. but.. offsets is different in fs9 or fsx?? i use only fs9 because my hardware (computer) is not too good ( i run fs9 with 30-40 fps with add-on scenary and "basic" aircraft, im using a King Air B200 payware - i dont know if i can say the name of constructor/devolper)

-> Its devolper the name or developer or other?? sorry =( for language class room

Sorry for my english
    Last edited by dukabr; 02-22-2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Adding Comments

25+ Posting Member

the taxi lights come on only when the landing light switch is turned on. but at the same time the landing lights also come on. all or nothing. it does not matter what mode i'm in either, cockpit, virtual cockpit, outside view, inside view, joystick assigning through FSUIPC.
    the absolute only way to get the taxi lights to come on is, hitting the landing light switch. which also turns on the landing lights.
    i cannot get them to work independently....
    so using another proram for what the lights may look like, is not my concern at the moment.

75+ Posting Member cscotthendry's Avatar

I have the same problem. I seem to recall reading that there was a bug in FSX and it was one that they decided was a lower priority than say, having nice water effects and it didn't get fixed. Even if you switch the taxi lights from the VC or 2D cockpit switch they still don't work. They're listed in the aircraft file, they just don't come on.
    Regards: Scott Hendry
    www.scotthendry.com

300+ Forum Addict

Okay, if you're talking about default FS9 or FSX aircraft, then yes you're right. As far as I can tell the taxi light switch in the VC will move, but it does not effect the actual lights in any mode. Sorry, I use PMDG 737 for FS9 in FSX with the shockwave light set and it works as it should using FSUIPC settings.

However, I just checked something for you and I am not sure if this is due to shockwave or not, but the default aircraft taxi lights will work. But, you have to add the following line to your aircraft config file. This is for FSX B737-800 found in SimObjects/Airplanes/B737-800 (Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft for FS9) folder. Look for aircraft.cfg, double click to open it in notepad.

Add:

Light.xx = 6, 41.85, 0.0, -6.8

xx is the number of the light. if your last light is 15 (for example) make this one 16. It should be the next number in the sequence of lights.

Now, at the end of that line copy and paste the landing lights fx_landing_light name from the landing lights line (just the fx part and it might not be named exactly like this, but copy and paste it) at the end of the line. Select file in the menu bar and then save. Go into FSX or FS9 to see if it works, this is using FSUIPC taxi toggle programmed to a button. You should see it working without all the lights being on. I just did this and it works fine...

As for other aircraft in FSX and/or doing this in FS9, you need to add the line to the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft in question. HOWEVER, these numbers are the postions for the B737-800. I know a way to get some of the other aircraft light location numbers, but you would have to adjust that last line to fit the location of you taxi light(s).

Here is a link to shockwaves light position list, you can use that to find the correct position(s) needed. The shockwave lights do look great, but you should be able to make this work without them. I did...

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/...lights_fs9.htm

There is a way to find the correct position for other non-listed aircraft, but I don't remember off hand. If I do remember, I'll post it later.

25+ Posting Member

ok thanks. finally someone who understands the problem. The plane I usually fly is the default lear45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast