Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PMDG 737NG Overhead Diff Pressure Gauge, without Project Magenta

Hi everyone, I would just like to share my findings with all, I have managed to put together a fully working PMDG 737NG overhead Pressure Differential gauge, without the use of Project Magenta.
    ffice:office" />
    I bought one of the “Simkits” USB Gauge kits and used the Diff Press gauge facia, needles, gears and the plastic parts to fit 2 x HS322HD servo’s to work the needles, I discarded the S-kits interface as it doesn’t interface with PMDG for the overhead, without using PM.

Instead I am using a Phidgets “Advanced Servo” interface along with the FS2phidgets software from Alan Dyer and may I say right now Alan, what an excellent piece of software it is, please don’t ever leave us again?

I have assigned both needles to the altitude offset 3324 and adjusted the “Divisor and Multiplier” factors to gain the correct responses as per the NG overhead.

I have attached a link to a demo on “Youtube”, showing the gauge in action with the NG MIP in the background, I have made a few more tweaks to it since, so it now exactly imitates the movement seen on the overhead gauge within the PMDG programme.

Although it is not shown in the video, I have now also managed to do the same process on the “Cabin Climb Gauge” and the “Fuel Temp” too.

As some of you will already be aware, Mark Deponeo and myself are developing a “logic” overhead panel and have already imitated the APU EGT, with the use of logic circuits and PIK IC’s, but that is still being developed as we speak, if any of you were at Lelystadt last year you might have seen are demo board (next to Gert).

If anyone wants some more details then I will be willing to send you details of my personal setting, however it may be different for your own setup, like me you may have to spend many hours, “tweaking” the settings to get it to do what you want.

Here is the link to the Video:

Daveanne

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: PMDG 737NG Overhead Diff Pressure Gauge, without Project Magenta

2nd video, with gauges fitted into correct panel section, plus Climb gauge working too!

3. Thanks Melnato thanked for this post