Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Real Cockpits and Cockpit Parts For Sale

My fellow pilots,

Today, I completed the purchase of a B727 Cockpit Cutout (Shell)from Universal Assets Management Inc. in Memphis, TN, USA. It came with a great deal of the internal parts in the cockpit still remaining. It only lacks the gauges and seats; otherwise, everything else is there! Here is the good news, it only cost me $3000 and, AND HERE IS THE BETTER NEWS! The company I purchased the cockpit from has allowed me to tell you about the many other cockpits and parts they have available.

Get this B737 Cockpits for $18,000 US and they have more then one. That's right B737 for $18,000!!! Plus they have many other cockpits, A320, B767, B747 (on these three you'll need to contact the company for further information). These have not been cut yet, so if you wanted longer sections you could work out deals for different cuts and/or at different prices.

Additionally, you'll be able to get many, many different types of parts...seats, yokes, panels, pedals, and much, much more! Soon, I'll have a list of the parts that will be available. They're company is located in Memphis, TN, but there dismantling facility is located in Arkansas, USA. I verified the company and have spoke to many of the employees, and can tell they're very friendly, as well as extremely helpful.

Here is the website and company information:

http://www.uaminc.com/

Universal Assest Management
    5350 Popular Avenue
    Suite 150
    Memphis, TN

telephone: 901-682-4064

Please ask for Donnie at extension #123 and mention my name John Combs and that you found out about their company through MyCockpit.org.

Here are some attached photos of my purchased cockpit.

Attachment 3067Attachment 3068Attachment 3069Attachment 3070Attachment 3071]

Re: Real Cockpits and Cockpit Parts For Sale

Hi John,

Do you have by chance Donnies email.

Thanks,

Ran.
    Ran Finkels
    Former B763 Builder - FS9 Simvionics. LDS, FDS OC etc.

300+ Forum Addict

Hello Ran, Yes Donnies email is:

dmaxwell@uaminc.com

Thank you,

John

300+ Forum Addict

To all MyCockpit.org members,

As I posted back on Jan 12, 2010, I purchased the B727 Cockpit section from Universal Asset Management. On Jan 23 a friend and I drove from Wisconsin to Universal Asset Management (UAM) in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas to pick the cockpit up from the disassembly facility. We arrived on Sunday morning and to our surprise the staff was working full steam on dismantling. We were allowed to view all the aircraft in different stages of being dismantled.

We saw B727’s, B737’s, a single B747, an A320 and a DC3 or DC9, plus many other aircraft that I didn't even recognize. At first glance, from the road, it appears as an active airport because there are so many vertical stabilizers in the air, above the tarmac; however, it is not.

In fact, it’s a former WWII training area and there are old style barracks buildings everywhere to prove such. Oddly, you wouldn’t know this based on the layout of the area. Anyhow, upon entering the main gate, the breakdown facility appears rather small, but in reality, we were not seeing the entire area all at once, and it was not until we drove around further, that we discovered the full scope of UAM's operations.

After meeting the UAM staff and my friend sizing up the load, we were allowed to leave the trailer overnight on the grounds, in order to proceed to a hotel for a much needed rest (12 hour drive). On Monday, the UAM staff loaded the cockpit onto the trailer and helped secure the load. Afterwards, we departed immediately due to an approaching winter storm that left Arkansas and the southeast covered in a great deal of ice. In spite of an invitation from Donnie Maxwell to visit the parts storage warehouse 10 miles from the aircraft location, we decided that any delay would likely leave us stranded somewhere waiting for the weather to pass. So, we drove onward towards Wisconsin.

Our first impression was that we would have issues with the winds. We actually had a tail wind at first, but the wind changed and came from North to North/Northwest. Thus, we had a 45 degree headwind most of the way. It took us from Monday morning until Tuesday evening to arrive at home. We did stay overnight in another hotel, but that was after traveling 320 miles at 45-50mph. At that speed, it was slow, but we were doing good...

The only real problem we had was getting the cockpit and trailer backed down the driveway, it had snowed a great deal and then froze over and thereby leaving the drive a slip-n-slide mess. However, we got it in and it was removed from the trailer by a crane truck the next day. Being placed on railroad ties and covered with tarps until a new building can be built to accommodate this new addition to my hobby; the cockpit is now home and I am very happy.

dmaxwell@uaminc.com

Or make contact by calling:

1-901-682-4064

PHYSICAL ADDRESS:

Universal Asset Management
    5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 150
    Memphis, TN 38119

One last note: Did I mention the total cost for this?

B727 Cockpit $3,000 US
    Transportation Fuel $500
    Hotel(s) $200
    Food $100

Total $ $3,800

Where else could you get it this cheap? Plus, even for slightly more, I am sure UAM can ship items to you and thereby allowing you to avoid the “do-it-yourself” method as I did…

Now enjoy the pictures and expect a video later…Attachment 3256Attachment 3257Attachment 3258Attachment 3259Attachment 3260

5. Thanks W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

that's a great deal specially since it came with some many parts! enjoy it!

10+ Posting Member

Awesome John. When I first saw the pictures I have to admit I was a little worried about you making it home. I am glad to hear all is well. I am working on getting the remaining panels to you no problem. I am working on that as I type actually. I am really glad you enjoyed your visit to the tear down facility. It is defiantly not like anything else you will ever see. You are welcome to come back anytime. Next time you are in the area give me a call. You can come to the warehouse and check out the B777-200 landing gear we have stocked there. The sheer size never ceases to amaze me. Who knows? There just might be another cockpit in your future. Next trip, diner is on me. I'd love to sit down and actually talk with you over a meal.

Andrew Etheridge
    aetheridge@uaminc.com
    901-682-4064

300+ Forum Addict

Hi Andrew, do you have cessna 172 pref Mserie,
    I`m looking for head/ side and doorpanels and others maybe some seats, can you provide?
    greetz

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    Hi Andrew, do you have cessna 172 pref Mserie,
    I`m looking for head/ side and doorpanels and others maybe some seats, can you provide?
    greetz
    I sure don't. We deal in commercial aircraft only. The smallest thing we have is a CRJ200. I do have plenty of seats available but I am afraid they would all be too large for your use. Please keep us in mind for anything you need in the future though.

Thanks,

Andrew Etheridge
    aetheridge@uaminc.com

Hi, Andrew

Just out of curiousity:

What would be the price for B727/B737 Yokes and Control columns?
    Greatings from Germany

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast