Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have CNC-----will build.
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Question on this 7" lcd

Just a couple oter things on the adapter i mentioned in my last post. It will display 1600x1200/1680x1050 32 bit graphics. It will handle up to 6 displays. It is being sold for about $75.00. I only saw one review on NewEgg that gave it a 100% rating but the reviewer is not using it for gaming. If anyone is getting or has one of these, keep us informed please. This would be an inexpensive solution to multiple monitors if it really works.

Milt

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post
    Just a couple oter things on the adapter i mentioned in my last post. It will display 1600x1200/1680x1050 32 bit graphics. It will handle up to 6 displays. It is being sold for about $75.00. I only saw one review on NewEgg that gave it a 100% rating but the reviewer is not using it for gaming. If anyone is getting or has one of these, keep us informed please. This would be an inexpensive solution to multiple monitors if it really works.

Milt
    Just looked this up and found a youtube review.

Looks like a neat idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLLFvSgCwJc
    Will control one additional monitor per unit, ($55 each) on tigerdirect. They have several reviews, but none specific to simming.

Captains,

This has been an interesting topic... In fact I took the plunge and bought the 7" Lilliput USB monitor from "Think Geek." I got it Thursday night and in a few minutes had it working. You need to install the driver software found on the purchase page for Win7 users if you use Win7.

But here is the rub... as you can see from the picture below, it works neat as a GPS or any other unit you may want. (as long as the view can be undocked in FSX.) The problem is, it literally put my frame rates into the dirt! Before install, FSX was 30-50 FPS and smooth... ( Frames depend on scenery and wx.)

Now, and this is a showstopper for me... I get 6 to 15 FPS... Doesn't matter whether the unit is on or not... Once you boot it is detected and if you try to run FSX it is hammered.

Sooo... I removed the "driver software" that came with it and instantly I am back to high frames.. Really disappointed as it does look and work as a display well... I think that software the comes with it must be a "virtual" vid card of sorts as it won't work without it.

So, I spent time looking over the book and in the fine print it says it doesn't work with Hardware acceleration. It isn't recommend on 64 bit systems or DirectX games etc.... Sure wish the advertising said something about that... In fact, if you try to load FSX with it on, it hangs... so I have to load FSX first and then fire up the monitor

So.... I went forum hopping and have not found a word about this issue... I am hoping I goofed up somehow as I really want this to work..

Any ideas guys?

Jeff

System - Dual Core Pentium 3.0Ghz - ATI X1950GT Pro - 256 DDR2 - 2 gig DDR2 sys memory... Using one video card with dual output to drive a projector and one to drive a 17" monitor...
    Last edited by Sweetwater; 01-23-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12