75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FS MAP on a seperate PC to FSX

Hi Folks

Hope someone can help here

I have fsx on one PC and fsmap on another. Both on the same network, but when I try to connect fsmap it gives me a message " unable to load the sim connect client". Both PC's can see each other and directories are shared,

Any help greatfully recieved

Richard

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FS MAP on a seperate PC to FSX

Quote Originally Posted by richard hutchinson View Post
    I have fsx on one PC and fsmap on another. Both on the same network, but when I try to connect fsmap it gives me a message " unable to load the sim connect client". Both PC's can see each other and directories are shared
    You need to install SimConnect on the FSMap PC. If you have the FSX SDK installed you'll find it in the "Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK" folder. With a fully updated SP2 or acceleration SDK you'll have three SimConnect.msi files, one for the RTM FSX, one for SP1 and one for SP2 -- in the "LegacyInterfaces" and "lib" subfolders respectively. Copy them over to the FSMap PC and run them all, in that order.

If you haven't installed the SDK you'll find it and the SimConnect.msi file on the Deluxe FSX DVD, but that's only the base RTM version. I don't know if FSMap will be happy with that or not. most current Simconnect applications seem to need SP1 at minimum.

After installing Simconnect you need to create a "SimConnect.cfg" file in the FSMap's PC "My Documents" folder, and a SimConnect.xml file in the same folder as FSX.CFG on your FSX PC. There should be instructions for this in the FSMap documentation.

Regards

Pete