Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

a320 PFD/ND and ECAM

Dear Roberto
    i have 2 qestions
    1 i see that some 320 have squear moniror for PFD/ND and others are 16cm with rounded corners ,the sqeare monitors i belive are a bite biger what is the diffrence withch are newer and why??

2 were can i find for real pilot tranning a320 manuels and systems do you know or have a site were i can find them i am not looking for freewere i am looking for the real tranning manuels

kind regards spiro

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus Re: a320 PFD/ND and ECAM

Hi,

The rounded DUs are the older CRT version, whereas the square ones are LCDs and equip the newer A32Xs. The LCD version is I guess more reliable and now cheaper than the CRT one.
    There is as well a slight difference on what is displayed (not the same software onboard).

You can find an FCOM ("Pilot manual") here in the download section of Mycockpit.org. You can find another one with a lot of extra info on smartcockpit.com. I think both of them are either real or largely inspired by a real company FCOM (a french airline to be more precise).
    There are people selling them on Ebay sometimes as well (mostly the electronic version on CD). It's useless to buy it as the info will roughly be the same (apart from specific airline items).

The only manual I haven't been able to source is the maintenance manual. So if anyone has a lead on that