Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: LED Push Buttons

Hey Matt, I'm in the same boat and about to attack my overhead for the 767-300. I have an alternative for you that I was put on to by Henry and I believe they are quite easy to wire up. I will be buying these shortly and trying them out as they are the cheapest Led pushbutton for what you and I would be after. I don't know the exact dimensions but I'm guessing close to 2x2 cm.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Matt, they're easy to wire. If you are holding the switch with the led on the bottom, the pin layout is like this:

a b c
    d e
    f g h

d and e are the LED connections (e is the cathode) and f and h is the switch connection.

I think these will achieve a satisfactory result once wired up.

Best of luck Matt.
    Drewsta

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsta View Post
    Hey Matt, I'm in the same boat and about to attack my overhead for the 767-300. I have an alternative for you that I was put on to by Henry and I believe they are quite easy to wire up. I will be buying these shortly and trying them out as they are the cheapest Led pushbutton for what you and I would be after. I don't know the exact dimensions but I'm guessing close to 2x2 cm.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Matt, they're easy to wire. If you are holding the switch with the led on the bottom, the pin layout is like this:

a b c
    d e
    f g h

d and e are the LED connections (e is the cathode) and f and h is the switch connection.

I think these will achieve a satisfactory result once wired up.

Best of luck Matt.
    Drewsta
    Those switches i also use myself, they require a 17.7mm by 17.7mm panel cut out size, or in other words a perfect match for the Boeing MCP switches, also perfect for all the Airbus Eaton switches, feel good also, such a damn shame they dont do a dual illuminated version, however they come apart quite easy and with a bit of wire and a home made PCB board you can get them to dual illuminate, still toying with the idea of making a kit that converts them to dual illumination.

But still to small for the overhead and MIP Korrys for the 767
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Philip Lambert

747-400? nah probably 767 now, FS9, FDT simboards , dunnow about software yet

www.simvionics.co.uk

3. Thanks EZYTWV thanked for this post
    Likes EZYTWV liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by phil744 View Post
    Those switches i also use myself, they require a 17.7mm by 17.7mm panel cut out size, or in other words a perfect match for the Boeing MCP switches, also perfect for all the Airbus Eaton switches, feel good also, such a damn shame they dont do a dual illuminated version, however they come apart quite easy and with a bit of wire and a home made PCB board you can get them to dual illuminate, still toying with the idea of making a kit that converts them to dual illumination.

But still to small for the overhead and MIP Korrys for the 767
    Hi Phil, with these LED pushbuttons, I thought they were supposed to go on and off when you pressed the button? Can they change their state or is that only with o/c and leeksecon? Also do you have any Cancel/recall and backlit panels for the 767?

thanks
    Drewsta

Hi Philip your dual LED Korry switch looks fantastic. I've actually bought the same KD21 switches and would very much like to modify them like you have. Could you please share some more info on how you've managed such a great job? Both the inside of the KD21 modification and the pushbutton cap. I do have a CNC 3040T.

Many thanks!

Vincent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12