Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

CP Flight CDU, EIFIS & Radios Wanted

I don't want much do I! As the title says really, I'm in the market for all of the above.

CDU
    EIFIS Pro
    2x COMM
    2x NAV
    ADF
    Transponder
    Rudder Trim panel

It goes without saying that a CDU with a FS2004 driver would be desirable, but that is like having your cake and eating it. Then asking for second servings

A second EIFIS Pro would also be nice, but not urgent.

PM me if you see anything or have anythign for sale.

Thanks,
    Ed

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Re: CP Flight CDU, EIFIS & Radios Wanted

Out of interest Ed, you must have the MCP do you? And you mention the EFIS Pro model, did you get the Pro MCP? Happy with it?

I've just picked up a CPFlight MCP737USB (the older 85% scaled one), along with an EFIS and some COMM/NAV/ADF/ATC equipment. It's my first serious money spent towards my home cockpit. The CPFlight (and let's not forget Engravity) gear is really nice stuff. Thinking of the Engravity route for my panels.

Do you have any Glass Cockpit software yet?

Sean

75+ Posting Member

Hi Sean,

Yes, I've got the MCP Pro and I'm more than happy with it. It's an excellent piece of hardware!

Sounds like you beat me to it with the PFFlight radios etc - were they the one's that someone was selling on the CPFlight forum? I contacted him but they had sold. If so you got a pretty good deal there, well done.

I also have the FlyEngravity Cpt and Centre desktop panels. The quality is excellent. Still waiting to move house though, so that I can get myself a nice setup in the corner of a room somewhere. I may be waiting some time though the way things are in the UK!

Did you see the new ICS (Integrated Cockpit Systems) from FE? >

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...3351#post93351

Look like the perfect solution for wiring up the MIP.

Some nice MIP Pro shots here too.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1548

At the moment I'm using SimAvionics glass cockpit software. It's pretty well developed for the price (~£250) and a cheaper alternative to PM. There is a new release due soon whereby all of the CPFlight equipment control has been integrated. At the moment my MCP and EIFIS works great though.

Good luck with the rest of your build. Let me know if you see any CPFlight / FE gear going for sale or if you need any more help.

Yeah, it was me who grabbed those items you saw on the CPFlight forum. I drove 400 miles round trip to collect them beauties the day after I saw the ad. Glad I did, the guy was dismantling his sim so I took some other bit's 'n' bob's off his hands

Pity you can't assemble your panels til you move house mind. Are you not tempted to have play with them???

I saw the ICS at Lelystad. The Engravity stand was always so busy, it was difficult to get anywhere near. Looks really good, looking forward to the official release.

At the moment I'm messing around with PMDG, a'la Ian style. I've played with the major glass cockpit software demos, but am undecided in which way to go at the moment.

Best of luck with your project (and moving house!). Do you plan to set up a website?

Sean

75+ Posting Member

Apologies Sean, I forgot to reply to this thread what with being away last week...

Glad you managed to get those CPFlight bits off their forum. Looked like a good deal. As the title says, I'm still looking for radios and a CDU. Then it'll be the throttle and possible an overhead (one day, in my dreams!). FO Panels may also be an option at some point.

At the moment I have a strange hybrid GA, stroke, 737 setup on my desk. No room for anythign else unfortunately. I have various panels monted on it that can easily be covered over to hide them away. That way, when someone stays over in our tiny spare room, they don't walk straight into a cockpit lol! Although I know a lot of people that would love to! It's hard to explain - I'll try and post some photos.

The ICS setup looks great, I'll definitely be getting hold of that as soon as they sort out a price, along with a set of backlit panels for my FlyEngravity desktop kit. It should make for an awsome set up. All I need now is a bigger house lol!!

It sounds as though you are at a similar stage as me? Did you decide on a glass cockpit solution yet? I went with Sim Avionics in the end. They seem to have a very nice solution for the money. They will also have full CPFlight/Engravity hardware support in the latest version, although most of it works in the current version.

Good luck with your build, keep me posted on how you get on any let me know if you see any good finds! I'll do the same.

Cheers for now,
    Ed

Hi Ed

I spoke to Jon at the weekend and bought his Capt's and Centre Desktop panels. I gather you grabbed the landing gear lever. Nice. I would've had it if you hadn't. I noticed you contacted someone on the CPFlight forum regards a lever. What happened there?

I wasn't in the market for the desktop setup, but thought it might be a good introduction to Engravity's panels, and at that price I couldn't resist. I see it as a stop-gap at the moment towards a full setup, but who knows, I may be able to get the F/O's panel and integrate that. The bonus with Jon's gear is he has the older, scaled MCP/EFIS like the ones I picked up last month, so they'll fit straight in.

Keeping my eyes open for gear all the time now. If I see something interesting, I'll give you a shout (pity about that CDU we both missed out on)!!!

I'll post some pics too. Keep a look out.

Best regards

Sean

75+ Posting Member

Good work mate, glad you managed to get the panels from Jon. He seems a very down-to-earth bloke They will go nicely with your MCP/EIFIS, at least for now. It's amazing what a difference a bit of 'structure' makes. I set my panels up to see what they looked like, and I tell you what, I can't wait to move house!

For once I was lucky and managed to get in early with the landing gear. Shame we weren't so lucky with the CDU eh? There will be other chances though (soon, I hope! )

I got in touch with the guy on the CPFlight website and he emailed me back saying it was still for sale. He wanted 200 EUR, which I thought was a bit steep. I sent an email back offering 180 EUR, but I've heard nothing since. Maybe he has someone lined up to buy it at a higher price. Who knows! I've emailed him saying that I'm no longer interested, so it might be worth contacting him. I've PM'ed his email address to you.

Would be great to see some pics of your pit when you get the panels set up!

All the best,
    Ed

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by CrashEd View Post
    The ICS setup looks great, I'll definitely be getting hold of that as soon as they sort out a price, along with a set of backlit panels for my FlyEngravity desktop kit.

Hi Ed, I allready put it in my initial post, but alot of people read over it:

ICS will ONLY be available for completely prebuild setups (Plug and play).

ICS is designed to cut build time and thus costs so we can offer prebuild units at a lower price.

For people who are building themselves we advise the cpflight MIP board (which has basically the same functionality except for the lower subpanels and offcourse the "no wire" concept).

I dont want you to be waiting for something that will not be available seperately. Sorry.

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

9. Thanks CrashEd thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I think I was one of those people who read over that bit

Thanks for pointing it out though - much appreciated.

It's a real shame that you are not selling the ICS boards as a set i.e. without the MIP/panels. I really like that all of the switches are integrated (in particular the SPD Ref and N1 concentric knobs) and that there is less wiring to be done.

Is there any chance of you changing your decision on this? Can you do a one-off for me? Pretty please?? If you do I'll buy a brand new CDU from you (just kidding )

Out of interest: are the SPD Ref and N1 inputs available on the CPFlight MIP board? Do you sell the concentric switches for SPD Ref and N1?

Time to dig out the soldering iron!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast