Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org The Closet Simpit from Hercules CA, USA

Hello Again, Well the 1st stage of my simpit is done. As you can see, I went with the four monitor setup. 'Best Buy' had a great sale on the Acer 23' and 20 inch wide screens monitors. Am using a Gateway Intel® Core™2 Quad 8200 processor 4GB DDR3 memory. Matrox TripleHead2Go handles the upper monitor, while a Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card takes care of the 20 inch. 'Goflight' RP48 and GF-T8 are also used for basic aircraft switch logic .
    My flight software includes Captain Sim 757 and Friendly Panels Bombardier CRJ 700 Panel and plans for the Level D 767. REX takes care of the weather.

The next two stages will add a Saitek flight yoke and pedals , GoFlight TQ6 Throttle Console, MCP PRO, GF-AC EFIS, GF-ATC Headset Panel, GF-LGTII Landing Gear and Trim Control Module, and GF-166 Versatile Radio Panel. All this in hopes of getting rid of the keyboard. "Gotta work more overtime". Oh and a diamond ring for wife for putting up with my hobby.

I decide on Goflight products because of the ease of installation. The modules from Opencockpit seem a bit more detailed but the installation and compatibility appear in question according to some forums. ANY suggestion to this would be appreciated as I have not made the major investment yet in avionics.
    I also signed up and tried VATSIM for the 100 dollar hamburger, what a great experience. Am hooked for now, until L4Dead 2 comes out. As an X CRJ Driver it was great to feel like I was in the system again.
    This is a great site/forum for cockpit builders. Thanks for the support and Happy Flight Simming. More to come and welcome too my small closet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks BHawthorne thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Re: The Closet Simpit from Hercules CA, USA

Very nicely done.. Looks like your off to a great start. If a may ask what is holding up your overhead. It looks like the monitors are doing that?

When I started working on my sim I was going to just build a desk that was more then just a computer desk but not a full MIP sim very similar to your design actually (only mine was to be a GA - Cessna U206). After studying the dimensions of the MIP and cockpit though I found out that the actual cockpit isn't that big at all. So I'm now going full perhaps 2 seat. When I was out today I remembered a designer here that was going to make a combination Aircraft/Helo simpit. With one side being aircraft the other being a helo. With the various controls that go with each. Which had me today flashing through what that process would take. I'm planning on making mine modular so it can easily be moved from place to place. That could allow me in the future to add helo controls too as I like flying the egg beaters from time to time.

I agree with you about vatsim. It's the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread. Being a virtual pilot you really shouldn't do it any other way.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with ..
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: The Closet Simpit from Hercules CA, USA

Thanks for the post/reply. Here are some more pics of the build. I used pvc tubing as in the roger doger vids. The support is really for the overhead pnl. I do plan to add more stuff on the overhead.
    Answer to some other questions from posters.
    1.Yes am using the TH2GO digital
    2.The lower monitor is a 20 wide screen
    Thanks for all of the replies.
    I don't see how to post pic on private messages so I'LL put them on my posting.
    L.Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images