Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: new hardware alternative to Matrox TH2GO

Quote Originally Posted by ECMO1 View Post
    Kurby,

I'm using an ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard. Might upgrade to ASUS if necessary. I have 2 ATI graphics cards installed: (1) 5870 and (1) 5770. Although they are each capable of Crossfire (not with each other until Catalyst 10.3 is released, so I'm told) I run them as seperate cards. Both cards are supported by Catalyst 10.2. The 5870 is running 3 X 1080p monitors in Eyfinity and the 5770 is only running 1 monitor (not eyefinity). I'd hoped to use the widescreen Eyefinity for the main view and the 4th monitor (or more, if able) for panel/exterior views. But so far I can't.

I'm stumped but not defeated!
    OK. My ASRock X58 MoBo burned up (don't know why) and I finally upgraded to the ASUS P6X58D Premium board, added 6 Mb more RAM, and replaced my HDDs with (2) 300Mb Western Dig VRaptors in RAID 0. I didn't want to spend the $$ but, the results were phenomenal! I can run FSX maxed-out and sweamlessly smooth.

Upgraded to Catalyst 10.3 but, still have problems with FSX reseting my Catalyst settings when I start it. Also, FSX forgets my video settings every time I start it. What I've had to do as a work around is:

1. Create a profile in Catalyst with the Eyefinity set-up (including bexel management) that I want to use for FSX.

2. Start FSX and minimize it.

3. Open Catalyst and select my save flight sim profile.

4. Check and set video settings in FSX.

5. Open and place FSX views where I want them.

Catalyst also drops my configuration every time I restart/reset my computer. It's annoying but, it works so well once I reload my desktop settings that I'm not too worried about it. I have posted this problem on the tech-help page at ATI.

Over-all I am very satisfied with this set-up. It cost a little more than I wanted to pay but, for the FIRST TIME EVER I can really run Flight Sim like I've always wanted.

I have the same problem with Catalyst dropping my configuration. I have a shortcut to my profile that I have to run every time
    Good to hear is running good tho otherwise. If you find a way around that bug please post!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by twisted8 View Post
    Not a problem, glad to be able to help!
    Yeah I use Catilylist manager and you can set up all your monitors in any layout you want and you can get to all of them with your mouse, that won't be a problem!
    Hi everyone
    I just started using ATI 5870. Only problem I have with a 3 monitor setup is in full screen. In full screen I get a clone of the virtual cockpit on each monitor. The only way I can use it is to alt-enter out of full screen and then stretch that across all three monitors, then I end up with the tool bar at the bottom and the menu tabs at the top. Does anyone have a work around for this in order to use the full screen across all 3 monitors. I do have them grouped 3X1 and using Win 7 64 bit. Also is there a way to zoom below the 30% limit to get a better view of the cockpit along with the outside?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456