Generic GA Sim Builder Jordan Farmer's Avatar
    Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom, 1.14701878546E+14, Exeter, Devon
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Decided on my aircraft

Hey there guys, i joined the forums a little while ago, and have enjoyed reading, and replying to some of the threads here. I have been planning onbuilding a pretty generic cockpit, but decided i wanted to take it a bit further. So, i have decided i am going to build my cockpit to the same specs as the Embraer ERJ-190/195 (same cockpit, different back end). I do love this aircraft, full of technology, and lovely for regional flights. Another reason i like this aircraft is because i have them flying overhead daily, going into exeter airport, FlyBe's main hub. My friend works there now as a trainee engineer, so he may be able to get me some measurements and useful info. I may even be able to arrange a visit if im lucky enough hehe. In the meantime though, my plans will start. Does anybody know of any sites where i can get some measurements from, to start building the frame with? I cant wait to start building, and getting some shots up here!

Cheers,

Jordan

25+ Posting Member

Re: Decided on my aircraft

Hello Jordan,

Good luck with your Embraer ERJ-190/195. I had a couple of flights as a passenger on an Embraer ERJ-145, as I boarded I took a quick peek in the cockpit, it looked very smart.

I don't have any links to measurements etc. but I would only say it is probably important to plan the whole of your cockpit so that you know it will all fit together. It is possibly not essential to have an exact one to one replica as long as you have all the elements you need. Most designs use the pilot's eyepoint as the datum and ensure that everything else is correct in relation to that. It might be a good start to decide on your seat first and then you'll be able to see where the rest of your cockpit needs to go in relation to where you'll be sitting.

I thought you were going to build a Cessna 152 after your 152 yoke purchase. I used to fly 152s at Dunkeswell and I have to say the cockpit of a 152 is not the most comfortable of environments, it is so cramped for space. It was a blessed relief when my instructor got out and sent me solo because at last I had a spare seat to put my map on. Half the battle in flying a C152 was being organised in the cockpit.

Best wishes,

Peter.

Boeing 777 Builder

Re: Decided on my aircraft

Good on you Jordon. The ERJ is a fine plane and other members here have emulated the same cockpit. You may have noticed the Flightdecksoft release of their regional jet panel. This would sit ideally in the ERJ cockpit. Very exciting times so get into it!

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair