25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Dual monitor for VC View

I use one 40" hdtv , flying in virtual cockpit view , which basically gives me the captains side / center of the cockpit. I would like to get another monitor and place it next to this one to display the first officer view, also in VC mode. My question is with two monitors, if I pan around the cockpit to look out of the side window, etc , will the first officers view also pan simultaneously with the other screen. Basically , I would like to look around in VC mode with both screens reacting together. I know DualH2go will only fool the video card into thinking there is only one monitor , and I dont think I can display two different views with DualH2go , because it basically just strecthes one view. Hope this makes sense. Any help or ideas appreciated as always.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Dual monitor for VC View

Hi there, I just read your question and If I understand right you want to use 2 monitors merged as one to display your VC. I have done this with two 22" monitors. I have them connected both on my Nvidia Geforce 8600 video card (the card has 2 inputs) and den from Nvidia control panel I selected the display function (you can choose from clone, dual view, extended monitor etc). You can pan any direction you like with no problem! I believe that all NVIDIA card has the same capabily and maybe others too. All you have to do is check the manufacturer specifications. (the bad thing was that after that I wanted to make it work with 4 monitor (2x2) !!! but I stoped there!
    I hope this was helpfull for help you.

Makis