25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Simcard Teras MCP-EFIS Driver for Windows Vista?

I just purchased the Sismo Solutions Simcard Teras MCP-EFIS V1.0 and I'm setting it up in Windows Vista.

I get through the installation, install the driver, and it goes to the end with a error message

"The System Cannot Find The File Specified" and I must click OK then the driver is not installed. There is no more information on this error, it does not list the file it's supposedly looking for.

I am directing it to search in the driver folder created by the setup software that I downloaded from the Sismo website. There is only 1 driver available on their page, and that's what I am using.

Is this a compatibility issue with Windows Vista and this Simcard PN: SC-MCPEFIS-01?

I am plugging it into USB2.0 and Windows is recognizing the hardware, the driver simply is not installing due to a missing file.

Any help??

Thanks in advance!

Re: Simcard Teras MCP-EFIS Driver for Windows Vista?

Hi Capttlm,
    I have just started in simulation and i am planning to build a 737 sim ( either single seat or dual seat trainer ). I don't know much on this but i am planning on purchasing the Simso MCP if its any good and i could look into this program if you give me the link because i cannot find it any where. BTW how do program this device?

Matt

Re: Simcard Teras MCP-EFIS Driver for Windows Vista?

Hi Capttlm,

The Simcard USB2.0 are very easy to install:
    1-First of all I suppose you have installed the driver correctly and you have located the folder somewhere path directory (…\USBDRIVER\driver).
    2-When the Simcard USB2.0 is connected to the computer, you must give exactly this path ((…\USBDRIVER\driver). That’s all!

If the last step was wrong you need to re-do the installation of the driver:
    Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. Look for Teras Device there and uninstall it.
    Remake steps 1 and 2.
    If you follow with the problem, write directly an e-mail to Sismo.

Regarding Matt, You must know that single seat or dual seat trainer have the new cards Ethernet because Sismo updated the USB2.0 to Ethernet connectivity 8 months ago. Once you acquire any device, they will send to you the manual to program the card. There are a lot of scripts for a lot of plugins (PM, Prosism737, L4SC, PMDG, X-Plane, FSX, FS9, …), e-mail to SISMO to look for more info if you don’t want to program it!