Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: FSweekend 2009

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Well I have been trying to decide where to go for holidays this year...

looks like you guys have made up my mind for me

any other aussies interested? maybe we can travel together?

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

That's fantastic news Dave. That's quite a trip and certainly look forward to FINALLY meet Aussies

Matt Olieman

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Why is this turning out to be a chat about beer?

not complaining, i love the stuff (so does trev and matt by the sound of it) ))

first Mike.... no PM

next, this is the way i see it, Efe needs to fly in so he can save the towing fee and spend the money buying us beer....perfect.
    next the apollo serves beer in 500ml glasses where everywhere else we've been in lelystad sells 330ml (at basically the same price). so my decision to stay there was helped by the fact that the beer glasses are bigger ))
    it's ok trev, i know where we can buy a couple of six packs.

finally hope our australian friends can join us because they like beer too i'm told ))

this is going to be fun, i can tell already.....

enjoy your evening chaps... rgds ... ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

4. Thanks Trevor Hale thanked for this post
    I hope you guys all have a fantastic time and i sure you certainly will. Additional info one of my Martial Arts students is currently staying in Lelystad at the Apollo Hotel and had these things to say: The hallways near his room had these young german guys who were smoking cigarettes and strong marijuana because no one seems to care about the non smoking rule and he said had to open windows in his room because it bothered him alot and his roommate who had abit of asthma both of them are non smokers.
    The bar in the hotel closed at 11pm so that kind of a damper and the shopping areas when closed made things kind of like you were in a not so nice part of town yet nothing bad happened to them. Apparently it was just the feeling it took on. Their mini bar didnt work and they heard other ppl complain of that too. Even though its June they said the bathroom had no heat at all and in morning were freezing. The rooms werent bad for the price he said but pretty small and kind of dark.Also they said that to get anyone to help them wa abit of a chore and they tried to borrow an iron for clothes because their travel iron broke and none wasto be found anywhere so if you stay there bring your own robes and irons lol And final thing he said was he ate at restaurant next door because food in hotel wasnt great. Again Matt and Trev this is from my student whos there right now and I just wanted to pass on to you what I was told. My student is originally from Poland so its not like hes a spoiled rich kid used to luxury lol not the case at all. But first hand I dont know ive never been to Lelystad Im sure you'll have an awesome time overall though. He did say though the Dutch ppl were very friendly overall.Just my 2 cents
    Tim

WOW!!! I'm shocked. That's really too bad they had such a bad experience.

First of all, I was born in Holland and traveled there extensively throughout my years. I've stayed at inexpensive and exclusive hotels, many times, and to be honest, I've never had a bad experience. Regarding small rooms, that's typical European style, they waste no space.

Lelystad is a very nice town, I remember visiting it in the late 1980's. A very nice town. I have a cousin that has a Automobile business and lives Lelystad. Believe me, he wouldn't live their one second if it was a bad place to live. I'm sure if he read Tim's remarks, he would be embarrassed.

I think what Tim described is very rare.

Matt Olieman

500+ This must be a daytime job

Tim

Thanks for getting the feedback, though it does not match my previous experience - perhaps they have let standards drop since we were there in 2007. By way of mitigation, the Apollo is close to a superb Chinese restaurant which we have patronised for the last two years.

Do not recall the bar closing at 11pm, though that was possibly because of the numbers of thirsty guests or we "peaked" too early

Anyway, we are booked in and will doubtless make the best of it!

Regards

David

Have been thinking over night that while I am out and about (travelling) I would like to visit one of the space and aircraft museums in the US.
    I have an interest in the Apollo program, having read many books on the subject and would love to see some of the machines they flew back then.

Which is the best one to visit. I have done a search on the net and there are quite a few so I am not sure which one to visit.

Any suggestions from anyone who has visited these places

cheers
    Dave

Dave, where else but Florida, at the Kennedy Space Center. I've been there several times, including to watch a launch from there, fascinating. Excellent tours, can't go up to a orbiter or the launch pad, but can get close enough. Actually we have launch on the 13th, if no clouds we'll be able to see it from where I live.

Oh, of course you'll stay in Orland and visit all those wonderful attractions, like Disney World, Universal studios, Sea World, and more. Hey, I'm starting sound like a "Come to Florida Commercial" LOL

Matt Olieman

Wow couldnt have asked for better timing.

Sim weekend 7&8 Nov

Shuttle launch 13 Nov

I wanna book my space on your roof for the 13th please Matt

Better get onto the travel agent this week me thinks...

Maybe they just had bad luck Matt dont know but I just talked to them again and said things are good today lol so who knows. Either way im sure you'll have a great time. They did mention the chinese restaurant out side the hotel and said it was good As far as i know Ive never been so just going by a 20 year olds experiences in a strange place.

Tim

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast