Thread: Is it Boeing...

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Is it Boeing...

...or Boeing Skunk Works?

The throttle is finally cosmetically finished (except for the forgotten speed brake placquard...tomorrow). I affixed the last of the placquards today after getting a couple of new ink cartridges. I never realized how fast you can go through a full sized ink cartridge printing low res proof copies.

I'm pretty sure that this is the only scratch-build Boeing 727 throttle in existence. I wish that weren't so, but since there are probably less than a handful of serious analog-guage B727 sim builders and pilots in the whole world, I'm afraid it might be true. Most others whom can afford such a purchase of real Boeing surplus modify them pretty much the way I have my throttle set up with sliding pots and swivel joint ball rod ends.

Anyway, it was a lot of work, I learned a lot about the way Boeing builds what it builds and why, and I saved about $1K US in the process. I never knew you could do that with a Dremel!

Now if my Beta Innovations card would show up so I could get this thing off of the maintenance list.

No shell yet, and probably won't ever have one with my space resrictions, but I will be able to build it eventually to the point that you won't be able to tell you are not actually on a Boeing 727 flight deck.

Several years yet but I'm getting there.

Administrator

Smile reply

This is so unbelievable. The craftsmanship in this is remarkable. If I hand not seen some of the earlier production work I would have never believed this was not for real.

My hats off to you and your work. There are very few cockpit builders going for the B727. So many with today’s technology have to go glass cockpit but it’s nice to see.

You need to check in with Tom Waldon ClipWing.com. This site is not active but you can send a PM to him.

Awesome work!! Looks just great. It's good to see someone building a pit for this beautiful aircraft.