Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The real thing

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I have gone through same testing, but with a german airline. They will just use the sim for VERY BASIC manouvers. Such as alt hold climbs and decends. Also they might do some time orientation excercises such as fly heading 300 for 30 seconds then climb 2000 feet after another min then turn right 340 and keep that heading. all without a clock. they test your motor skills such as multi tasking etc. you wont need to know any of the systems itself as you are a beginner. Set up fs and do some basic turns at 30 Deg and 10 and 20. and pratice some basic climbs. also speed is important. but these are all very basic things that mostly anyone can do.. the question will be how well you do them. We were also set up on a pulse monitor to see how we react in the stress situation.

All the best. and if you have any question about the 737 dont hesitate to ask.

luke

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
    Hey guys,

Next week I'm going to Seppe airfield in the Netherlands and do a flight in a 737-NG sim. But this is not just for fun. It's a test to see is I have flying skills to do a pilotschool. Are there any 737 simmers or pilots who have tips for me.
    My a320 cockpit project is going very well by the way!!! I will soon upload some pictures.

(sorry for my bad english)

Stijn
    Stijn,

Is that the setup from Seppe Airservice/Merlin aviation ?

Nice fixed base setup.

They do alot of these preselection tests.
    Say hi to Willem from me if he is the instructor.

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

150+ Forum Groupie

I visited the Seppe 737 last friday as we flew over there on a cross-country flight.
    Great setup, you will enjoy it !
    [

See if you can hop by at Brugges air college in Belgium before your interview. It's not a certified sim but it is very suitable for your preparation. Many pilots (-to be) train there for their type rating. Cheap also: € 25 per hour including instruction. I've been there myself as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKLdthBDFA

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

Hey dude,

Hope it help... Before I got a job flying the bus I used to spend a lot in Flight simming... Not much has changed LOL just the fact that now I get to play with a real one...

The thing is I had a chance to go to Continental training center in Houston thanks to a Friend of mine and get to spend a lot of time in their sims... Loved the 737-500 and the NG.

I have to say it was my first time in a sim and flying a Jet... I had like 800 flight hours at that time probably (On C-152's)... But if you can fly on flight sim you will have o problem at all, things Like make a nice approach as well as turns climbs and level offs.. During an approach Fly slow... The slowest speed possible try shooting an approach fast you just won't cut it...

Remember Big Jets the thing is FLy Attitude ... 737 If I recall correctly have a level off pitch of 5 degrees pitch up please correct me if I am wrong... Well take a good look at that pitch when you are level off that pitch is your reference... Next your IVSI that will also help you to mantain altitude watch teh speed and flying manually you won't need big thrust changes or settings...

During your turns rememeber start your turn by setting the bank then pull the Yoke and don't be afraid of using the Trim... If the speed drops a bit you might want to release a bit the Yoke on the turn or apply a bit of power...

Remember Power on those Big Jets is just a bit to attain the speed don't put a lot cause the attitide of the plane when putting on more power is to raise your nose up... Or Climb and that can happen easily...

Show them Confidence and skills Practice Turns, climbs of 1000 up and down on your sim and also Radial Intercepting, even an ILS remeber if the Glideslope goes down ease the power back mantin pitch till you get the Glideslope again... If it goes up add more power just a notch wait for it and then get back to the thrust setting... Normal V/S for an ILS 700 feet a min that should do it...

Localizer 5 degrees correction the most... The closer you get to the Runway or the beam the more sensitive it will be so don't correct for that much...

If they get you to land the thing I guess it will have a Radio Altimeter so listen to the calls when it tells you 20 gently pull the Thrust levers Back and gently raise the nose for the Flare and remember to use your rudder pedals for the center... Again it is a plane like any other...

Wish you good luck don;t get nervous just enjoy the free ride in a sim...

Take care,

Roberto
    Last edited by dodiano; 03-25-2009 at 01:23 AM.

RE

Thanks for the reactions and tips guys!!!

I will say hi to willem for you stef
    (I always bin a great fan of your cockpit !!! )

And in a few weeks i'm free for school so maybe i do a flight with a friend in brussel. Thanks for the tip!!!! really cheap.

I let you guys know what I made out of it.

Stijn

The result!!!!

Hey,

Well today was sim day. It went very very very good. Had to do some climbs and decents and turnings. My score was good/perfect. The pilots who gave me instructions said I was really good. Men this feels good pilots who saying I have flying skills. So thank you for the tips guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again one step closer to my dream.

Thanks

Stijn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12