Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

G'day from Perth Western Aust

Hi all

I've been simming on and off since FS98. (geez that is a long time in computer years.)

Since I started using FS9 on my laptop with a decent grafx card, my enthusiasm has been renewed quite a lot.

I had been using the CH Products gear on the gameport of my old computer but now that USB is the go, I was hoping that I might get a few hints and tips on resurrecting them and save me a few bucks. I understand Leo's card is the go but I'll have to do a bit more research before I start gutting the Throttle and Pedals.

My setup at the moment consists of one 21"LG and the laptop and Logitech extreme pro joystick.

Looking at some of the projects on this forum makes me drool...oh well...dream on.

Regards

Joe

G'day from just a bit south!

You have come to the right place. I'm sure you'll find (as I quickly did) that gutting things and re-wiring is not the daunting task it seems at first.

Take your time, pick exactly the aircraft that you most enjoy flying and then ...GO FOR IT.

From a simple desktop pit to a full on replica, plan, decide on a budget, quadruple it, add another 200% then divdie by 0.5...then you may come out pretty close to what you will end up spending. I say that because 1. It is true and 2. It makes it even more important to know WHAT you want before you lift a tool.

There are plenty of helpers right on your doorstep and plenty more from all over the world to give advice or supply gear.

ENJOY YOURSELF here.

"Tony"

In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.

Boeing 777 Builder

Welcome Joe and yes Darryl (aka Tony) speaks the truth, both on what you end up spending and the help on your doorstep. Cmon on Aussie I say.

What's your plane of fancy?

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

MyCockpit Support Staff

G'day Joe,

Good to see another 'westozy' join up, welcome to MC.org.

Gwyn

Forest Lakes, Thornlie

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

G'day all

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ken, I've had a look at your setup...you've really raised the bar mate! Outstanding job!

I'll be quite happy with a simple desktop pit as I am restricted somewhat for space. Maybe something along the lines of a simple frame around a comfortable seat. The 3 LCD monitors and flight controls can be fitted to this framework.)

Perhaps you would be kind enough to post a link to a similar setup? I'll google around for

I'm quite keen on the old warbirds, in particular the Mustang as my father used to drive one in his younger days. (he is 90 now and still going strong with lots of "warries" to tell us young whippersnappers!).

Cheers

Joe