10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

upgrading CPFlight firmware

Hi all

I am having some trouble with my CPFlight MCPPro USB (the 80% scale version)
    1. the HDG and ALT settings jump to 000 and 50000
    2. Never was able to program a key to the FO FD switch
    3. Can't get the VERT SPEED increase to work

So reading their website I saw that upgrading to firmware version 3.01 should solve some of these problems. Now I have 2 questions about that upgrade.
    1. The two "links" I have to insert in the back, are they the same things as the jumpers on a PC motherboard? I can't find them anywhere and I can't even remember if they came with my MCP. If they are just ordinary jumpers, that shortcut the two pins, I can get some from the local computer shop.
    2. Can I after upgrading still use the keyboard shortcuts for the PMDG 737, as in my old version or am I forced to spend a lot of money for the Flightsim labs drivers? If so, is there an older firmware upgrade available that fixes my problem?

Hope someone that did an upgrade can help me out or maybe point me in the right direction as to solve the problems without firmware update. I have also posted this question on the CPFlight forum, but didn't receive an answer yet.

Jeroen

500+ This must be a daytime job

You posted your message on their forum last night....so its not so strange they have not answered you yet

Are you sure your keyboard assignments are correct ? Your problems sounds as if they are not.

to upgrade your firmware you can use 2 regular jumpers too.

Your firmware question you should best check with claudio or paolo.

Btw, you say you have the PRO version, but the scaled down version is NOT the pro.

Just to rule out any confusion.

Stef

www.boeing737ng.com

10+ Posting Member

He Stef bedankt voor de snelle reply.

Your right, I have the MCP737 this one http://www.cpflight.com/sito/dettagli/mcp737.asp

Regarding to key settings, I have the same settings as always, the one recommended by CPFlight in their tutorial (CTRL SHFT P) as I remember, because I am not behind my FS PC. I re-entered the same key combination in the PMDG menu in FS and then copied the sopmething.ini file from the PMDG root folder in FS to the folder from CP Flight. It sounds a bit confusing, but I am sure I did it right (just can't remember right directory names) But isn't there an option to set key shortcuts in the CPFlight software as well?)

With regard to the FO switch (on the right of the MCP) I don't know why I can't asign a key to that. The software let's me do it, but it doesn't work inside FS.

Hopefully waiting for more clues.

Jeroen

500+ This must be a daytime job

Jeroen,

Have you reinstalled anything ? Any software that changes anything to your keysetting ? I had my keysettings change "by themselves" magically several times when i was still using pmdg.

first officers f/d: does the pmdg 737 have one ?!?

regarding the latest firmware and cp's older keypress functionality: I remember an older post where it said you cant use that anymore after upgrading to the latest firmware (in favor of the flightsimlabs driver), but in an other post i just read you can use both, so im not sure anymore. Best is to mail claudio or paolo to make sure.

I have to add that the flightsimlabs driver ADDS ALOT to increased functionality, its much more reliable and when you use the radios and the mip737 board also you can interface all mip and glare functionality of the 737. So i think its worth the money.

Stef
    Last edited by dnoize; 02-14-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: i forgot how to spell my name
    www.boeing737ng.com