Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need Herlp with PSOne LCD screen

Apologies for starting another PSOne LCD thread but I have searched and read through all the other posts and can't get mine to work.

I am using the s video output jack from my BFG Tech 9800 video card. I am using a 4 pin svideo to RCA convertor and a camcorder cable from svideo.com to make the connection. Part numbers MSV-FRCA and 4P3.5-3RCA respectively. I have one of the vga outputs in use for my main LCD monitor and nothing connected to the second vga output. The drivers I have installed are 178.24. I have downloaded newer drivers (181.22) but have not installed them.

I have tried both the Windows XP Display Properties Settings and the nVidia Control Panel to set this up to display on the PSOne screen but no luck. The closest I get is a brief flicker of the desktop background on the PSOne when I run the Multiple Display Wizard in nVidia Control Panel.

I have set a custom resolution of 640x480 for the PSOne screen in nVidia Control Panel which is recognizing the "monitor" as a TV. I assume this is because I am using the svideo output of the video card.

Does anyone who is using the PSOne fron svideo output have any suggestions. I would prefer not to get into the mods necessary to connect it to my vga output from the nVidia card.

Thanks, Dave

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

The PS1 screen has always been a complicated mod, and many see it as an easy task until they actually do it, though the VGA mod is easier if you dont have a PAL screen, i have only seen this work when modding it for VGA and ive never known it to boot successfully through the s-video out output unless used with an aditional piece of software which im not too sure of as ive only seen it once, but are you sure you have correctly configured on the settings correctly on your graphics cards control panel, it seems you have a connection so your half way there, i know this seems vague but keep playing around witht the settings on the tv out until something comes up!

75+ Posting Member

Alex,

I have been messing around with the nvidia Control Panel settings for the past 24 hours when I haven't been Googling and reading all sorts of forums on this mod. It seems that I am doing everything right but still nothing on the LCD.

Another builder who posts here has got this up and running and he and I are going to hook up tonight hopefully online to try to get it going. I may update my graphics card's drivers also to see if that has any effect.

Oh well at least my Bodnar card is here and it is dead easy to wire switches and get them configured with FSUIPC. If I don't get the LCD working I will put my GPS plans aside and start on something else to use the BU0836X

Cheers

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi ,
    I think you might need a program called powerstrip to adjust timmings so the vga output will match psone signals.Just do a google.
    Other option is tv out.
    Les

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Les. I am trying it using tv out. My understanding from the posts I have read at various "mod" forums is that Powerstrip is used if connecting with a VGA cable. Hoping to avoid that.

Cheers.

I would also like to know from the builders here who has had success with this mod and with what graphics card they used as i also could not this lcd working.

regards john d

Hi Guys,
    My memory is comming back.Thats right,powerstrip only for VGA.
    When i was getting my one going i think i had a problem with plug i was using to get tv video in.Think the Sony socket maybe non standard.
    I couldnt get my one to go at first.Not at home at the moment.If you still have problem after checking your plug ill have alook at my one.
    Les

Maybe its the so called '75 ohm' problem ? some graphics cards need a load on the tv-out. The load of the psone is too low so you have to connect a 75 ohm resistor over the tv-out. Just google for details.

its been ages since i've been using these screens, but also make sure you have the right cable. you need STEREO minijack plug at the AV input. Connect shield to the AV ground signal, connect the centre ring to the AV signal. The tip of the minijack is not used.

If i recall right, a mono minijack (with only 2 rings) will not work.

Also sometimes the software of your card has a 'force tv out ' option.

I have used both the vga mod and the tv out in the past and never noticed any significant difference between the both, so i wouldnt go through all the trouble of the vga mod.

Stef

www.boeing737ng.com

stef which card did you use for this?

regards john d

75+ Posting Member

Thanks for the input Stef. Here is description of cable I am using to connect to PSOne

This adapter features the standard pin-out of a 3-ring 3.5mm "stereo plug" to 3 RCA plugs.

The 3 RCA plugs carry left audio, right audio and composite video.

So I think we have that base covered.

I will look into the '75 ohm' problem , I do recall seeing that mentioned in one of the many threads I have read over the past day.

Are you still using a PSOne LCD? Also interested in the make/model of your VGA.

Regards, Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast