Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I would be happy to ditch MSFS for something like that.. especially if the lag issue could be sorted out.

Trev

Heli Builder

I found this link on the X-Plane website:
    The final level of customization for X-Plane is PLUGINS. This is actually a software kit that lets you read and write any variable in the entire simulator. Learn about it here: http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/.
    Now if someone can write a program that emulates FSPUIC, the problem should be solved. That way PM thinks it is talking to MSFS via FSPUIC. No changes needed in PM. For each new X-Plane version, you need a new Emulator version. Isn't that what Pete did anyway with each MSFS release.
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

Hi everyone,

sorry, no good news for the moment

After Peter's negative answer, (i respect his decision), also Austin Meyer for his reasons gave me a negative answer in private email.

Here is his reply:

"yes. a good idea!
    but i cannot do it
    too busy with other things!"

I was believing that X-Plane could catch the opportunity and make a big step ahead, to approach more people.

So, we have to wait, until another programmer or team will find the idea interesting and make a connector between Fsuipc and X-Plane.

If i'm not wrong, my proposal, was in the same concept, with Niko Kaan's intermediate software to connect Level-D 767 with Opencockpit's systems and Fsuipc's offsets, right ?

regards
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Eddie.. Fortunately our software continues to work even though Microsoft has closed it's doors. we have lots of time for Developers to jump on the band wagon. Nothing has to be decided today or even this month. What will be nice to see is if the trend will shift to X-Plane.. so goes the owl. Everyone will follow suit, and you will see things come out of the woodwork. The issue is (STANDARDIZATION) Unofficially FSUIPC became the Standard comms protocol for MSFS.

Hopefully there will be the same when it comes to X-Plane.

Remember the HDDVD and Blueray saga.. someone always needs to win. and when they all get that sorted out. things will progress.

Keep smiling chaps.. somehow someone will rescue this hobby. We just need our Superman to arrive..

Best regards,

Trev

dnoize

Just out of curiosity have you seen any screen shots or do you have any screenshots of the converted scenery. I would really like to see what the converted scenery looks like.
    Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    dnoize

Just out of curiosity have you seen any screen shots or do you have any screenshots of the converted scenery. I would really like to see what the converted scenery looks like.
    I have seen some converted Fs9 sceneries, i think they was the same, but as i don't have X-Plane yet, i'm not 100% sure about it. I didn't test them or see them in detail.
    I can ask a friend use this convertion tool and when having fresh news, i will post a reply here.

Good day !!
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi

A very nice discussion, but about what?

It "seems" there will no new FS in the future from Microsoft. And they killed all their developers and not just fired them??

But the new FS has never be anounced for near future, it has ever been a wish to have in late of 2009 or early 2010 from cutomers! And it couldn't have been ever before end of 2010 for a release, that has been clear also.

Like Trev wrote before it is not from Microsofts side forbidden to use the current FS anymore! Or I have mistaken here and MS will recall all over the world any licences for FS use?
    If not, FSX is out for 2 years now and the most of the Simmers they use MS-FS are using the FS9 (FS2004) what has been released in July 2003. So some users work with this FS version nearly 6 years and are happy (like me)!

And any users with FSx Pete did so may things to correct missing things or problems with his FSUIPC4 that has not been solved by MS and will never be solved by MS (clear statement by MS that there will no developement with FSX after SP-2, you remember?) are more or less happy with what they have!
    Most Addons are for FS2004 and also for FSX (just check it) but not vice versa.

When a FS version should have a lifetime of 4 years what are you talking about, 2 years are gone.

Before you kick FS now down to bullshit you should may be first try Demo's of other Sims!
    This bullshit you have lived with is not bad, really!! Neither FSX nor FS9 (in any case).

And don't think what Pete has done with/in FSUIPC3/4 over all the years is just a finger snap someone can do for X-Plane now.

Just let it be what it is and the time will bring what is needed, like ever.

And remember the first line above:
    It "seems" there will no new FS in the future from Microsoft. And they killed all their developers and not just fired them??
    What are they doing in the future, just eat and drink?? Or ??
    Regards
    Thomas

8. Thanks Jackpilot, Trevor Hale thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
    Hi

A very nice discussion, but about what?

i hope they didnt kill them
    But its all the same. Maybe no new releases for the near future, but you keep all programmers together...now i think knowledge dissapears.
    MS didnt want to sell the intelectual property to the ACES developers. Personally i think they will pick up the franchinse...somewhere in 2012/2014. Till then FSX is more than sufficient !
    I Am still using FS9 and have no plans yet to migrate to FSX, so in that manner no harm is done.

However, if they pick up the franchise, lets say 4 years from now, alot of valuable information will be gone. All present programmers will have other jobs, and many of those wont think easily of going back to MS.

I would have liked to see FS evolve. We all loved the transition from one to another version, we have seen fs grow. We all were stunned by the eyecandy in FSX. I personaly would have liked the evolution to go on. More realism, better sceneries (although eye candy is not that important)......

So we ARE discussing something...the evolution of FS, sure we are all happy now...but will we be in 2015 ? Come on...none of us still flies wireframes.

For the next few years im still happy with FS9, when my computers can run FSX smoothly with 50+ frames and WITHOUT stutters, i will be happy some more years with FSX

Like Trev wrote before it is not from Microsofts side forbidden to use the current FS anymore! Or I have mistaken here and MS will recall all over the world any licences for FS use?
    If not, FSX is out for 2 years now and the most of the Simmers they use MS-FS are using the FS9 (FS2004) what has been released in July 2003. So some users work with this FS version nearly 6 years and are happy (like me)!
    totally agree

Before you kick FS now down to bullshit you should may be first try Demo's of other Sims!
    This bullshit you have lived with is not bad, really!! Neither FSX nor FS9 (in any case).
    And don't think what Pete has done with/in FSUIPC3/4 over all the years is just a finger snap someone can do for X-Plane now.

I for one havent kicked fs down. I dont think most others in here feel the same. Otherwise we wouldnt be in this hobby.

But for me personally i got enthousiastic after flying a x-plane based Alsim trainer in last year and a x-plane based helicopter trainer a couple of weeks ago.

I have seen many features and characteristics i would love in my sim. I was interested in the possibilities for a glass cockpit in my sim BEFORE MS announced all this.

And remember the first line above:
    What are they doing in the future, just eat and drink?? Or ??
    As i said above....personally i think they will pick up the franchise in the future. Probably build up from the ground. I hope they will not continue with the current code so that in 10 years from now will still depend on patchwork from the 90's (see the xp/vista/etc)

just my 20 cents
    www.boeing737ng.com

10. Thanks Trevor Hale thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    dnoize

I havent tried it myself yet. My x-plane 9 is on the way here.

i just pointed out the possibility. google for fsx2xplane.

I, personally am not that much interested in the eye candy...its great if its there..but not essential.
    I am interested in x-plane for its technical possibilities (failures, options for multi-screen)

From what i understand its not klick and play and results vary from very good to 'a lot of tweaking needed'

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

12. Thanks Trevor Hale thanked for this post
    Heli Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post

Just let it be what it is and the time will bring what is needed, like ever.
    Very true. It will be very hard to achieve.

What his thread has achieved (at least for me), was to spark a little curiosity about X-Plane and a little what-if. I now believe that it should not be PM or any other vendor that should try and fit in with X-Plane or Product X or Y, but someone, Superman as Trevor mentioned, to come up with a descent interface like FSPUIC that works with existing FSPUIC interfaced products.

Let's call it FSPUIC-compatible interfaces. So on the one end you have a Flight Sim program and on the other end you have the same offsets as you have in FSPUIC. For this to work the FSPUIC offsets will have to become a Protocol or an Industry Standard.

I ordered X-Plane today because I am curios about it and how it compares to MSFS. I want to make up my own mind if it is better than MSFS.
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast