Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Still Looking for A320 Throttle Drawings

I see that there are quite a few folks with pretty snazzy throttle systems, does anyone have drawings of the parts used to build them?
    Thanks

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Buddy, Most of us who build the throttles do such from pictures like that on Airliners.net

Others, get their own pictures from the aircraft. this hobby is very intense and you will need some patience.

Somone is bound to see your post in the other thread... Hang in there someone will be able to help, it just takes a little time.

Trev

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

300+ Forum Addict

Help!!!!

Well, I didn't have any luck getting any drawings of the A320 throttle levers and such, so I looked at all of the available photos and made some that seem close. The prototypes I made seem small to me, can anyone confirm this for me, and if so how much am I off? I have attached a photo of what I made and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    BuddyM
    Tampa, FL

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

It looks very close to me.

As I've found out, many cockpit parts look larger than life in photos, but are not as big as they seem when you have them in your hands.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

300+ Forum Addict

Thanks Mickael

I tried to get close, but it seems like in the photos of the units being buily by our talented Aussie they looked a little larger.I wonder if anyone has the parts in hand to actually measure them? Once I verify the dimensions and polish my dxf files I will post them here. My homemade cnc machine did a fair job on these, I might just use them instead of making new ones from plastic. I should be able to cut thrust reverse levers and assemble the whole thing tomorrow for a test fit. I will post more pics as they progress. If anyone is interested in my meager work, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Buddy

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

If you want to hear about some meager work, I cut my throttle lever shafts with a jigsaw with the 1/8" aluminum stock clamped to the workbench top.

I used more than a few blades cutting six identical pieces that are nearly 15" long, and nearly wore out a double cut bastard file. I paid the utility bill for Dremel Tool Company that month too with all of the sanding drums I bought.

Anyone with a CNC machine should be able to turn out work that Boeing or Airbus would be proud of.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!