Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

This is why im pretty much put off buying anything from abroad because i just cant trust these type of people and more and more seem to like it, like me i try to buy local or from the UK atleast,
    I dont think its possible to NOT buy from abroad if you want to build a full sim. For example not many of the major home sim manufacturers comes from the uk. So for panels, electronics, etc. you often have to be outside of the uk

but thats not the issue here. Most vendors/manufacturers are around for years. Some are sponsors here since the beginning of mycockpit.org. Some of them are in the simbuilding industry before most of us even had heard of 'sim building'

I think its more important that people investigate who they deal with. Especially with such expensive products as a motion platform.
    Have you read a review somewhere
    Is there a support forum
    How do they respond to emails
    Google is your best friend: google for problems.
    Talk to people who have their products...you cant find any ? question yourself WHY you cant find any.

In 2007 allready a unhappy cim customer who lost almost 100k to CIM posted a warning here. Sadly it got deleted back then.

but then just realised your half way round the world so might be quite tricky!
    quite ....

You really do need a solicitor now or someone in the legal department....
    totally agree

www.boeing737ng.com

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Just reading through this post this is a very extreme case. For all the time i've been in simbuilding i have spoken to hundreds of builders, and traded with many of these (some of which i've barely known a week), and i have not had a problem at all. Everyone in this hobby is generally extremely trustworthy.

I just felt i needed to point out that this is an unusual case and if this is fraud we need to get him closed down - Quickly. Furthermore it's not just the cost of a couple of pints in the pub going down the drain here. We're talking big money, so like what's already been mentioned i would think about getting legal advice.

If people think they can make mugs out of us by exploiting money disloyaly and contrary to common law then they are sorely mistaken because us builders will and DO stick together so if one company is dealing in fraud it won't be an option. They will be dealt with.

Regards..
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Wires crossed!

Ok maybe for a 737 sim or something....you may have to go abroad, but im building a Cessna 182 and you can buy everything for a cessna sim in the UK!

Theres no-way i'd buy a motion platform from abroad, for the money it costs to buy one, im sure there are some more than willing engineers in your own country that would be happy to build you one for the same cost, if not less, and if not better built! (Im sticking-up for British Engineers here!).

Enough said!

Alex

(This was a reply to dnoize's post)

I TOTALY AGREE WITH WHAT 737 GEZ SAID!

Thanks for the heads up mark

Quote Originally Posted by alexpilot2008 View Post
    Theres no-way i'd buy a motion platform from abroad, for the money it costs to buy one, im sure there are some more than willing engineers in your own country that would be happy to build you one for the same cost, if not less, and if not better built! (Im sticking-up for British Engineers here!).
    I have flash backs of my Rover falling apart for no appearent reason now

just kidding

What will you be using for instruments ? simkits ? seagull ? flight illusion ? All dutch
    but you are right...they have retailers in the uk too .....

but back to topic now.

Last edited by dnoize; 01-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    www.boeing737ng.com

75+ Posting Member

does there exist an other motion platform suplier in Europe besides the one in NL ?
    Philippe.

Quote Originally Posted by phil. View Post
    does there exist an other motion platform suplier in Europe besides the one in NL ?
    Philippe.
    http://www.xesasystems.com/

Last edited by dnoize; 01-13-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    www.boeing737ng.com

150+ Forum Groupie

Lightbulb

Allmost, ours is in final endurence testing stage, 3dof industrial servo driven system with motion software especially for flight simulation.
    Available aprox march 09.
    We will be working with a stock (except for special requests), no prepaiments or whatsoever, fully assembled and tested & plug and play. For weights up to 1 ton.

www.fast-web.be

You will find out here when everything is ready.
    [

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

back on line..been flying a real one!

Hello everyone, back online after a couple days away and shocked to see how much interest my email generated. Thank you to all of you for your kind words and support.

I suspect CIM was bankrupted by another unhappy customer in the Netherlands and unfortunately Hunze neglected to mention this to me until he received my base back in Holland...in fact he only told me about this recently. He still promised to fix the problem but that was 5 months ago....when I returned it he assured me it would take 6 weeks maximum. He now claims the base is fixed (can I believe him?) but refuses to send it back to his cost as he agreed because after hearing nothing for months and constant refusal to communicate with me I had the nerve to contact the police. The police response was his conduct was not criminal but warranted a civil case which I kind of expected. Anyway I dont want to give him another cent because he is completely untrustworthy. I hope the managers of this forum can make this a sticky so that when he screws someone else via Simmotion and they shut him down he does not just hop again to another shell and start all over again. I agree with the comment that most, in fact the vast majority of flight sim vendors are honest, decent people who are a credit to our hobby but unfortunately for every 1000 there is one rat like Mr Hunze.

Caveat emptor! Anyway unless he sorts this out I am not going to stop spreading the message so people know the risks they are entering into if they plan on dealing with this conman and his companies. Thinking next of creating mirror websites to his in Au so anyone doing a websearch for Simmotion etc will get to hear my experiences. He has caused me so much frustration and angst that I just want to stop him doing it again. I have found another link to MSESimulation which looks suspiciously like a "Hunze sim company" but he denies this...dug a bit deeper and I see the website is registered in his name so maybe he is getting ready to do another hop!

Thanks again for your interest and please warn others not to deal with Hunze or his companies. Would be interested to hear from others who have had experiences with CIM/Simmotion/MSESimulation/Hunze.

Kind regards

Mark
    Last edited by Trevor Hale; 01-16-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Edited by Admin. Email Complaint.. Pm for More Information

75+ Posting Member

as i see at www.xesasystems.com they only make such platforms for very small cockpits, but not for example a 737 with an instuctor station behind with a weight of 3.000 kg
    Phil.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast