Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Aerosoft 747 MCP 64bit compatible?

Can someone also send me the drivers moving from FS9 XP to Win 7 fsx. Thank you.... pedrosura@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosura View Post
    Can someone also send me the drivers moving from FS9 XP to Win 7 fsx. Thank you.... pedrosura@hotmail.com
    Hi Pedro,

Done!

Check your mail.
    Have fun!

Best rgds
    Peter

25+ Posting Member

Hi

I have just managed to get hold of a second aerosoft 747 Mcp panel but am struggling to get this working. This is what I am doing but feel I must be missing something:-

1. I have installed the latest drivers and assigned to com3.

2. I have Mcp powered and connected to pc. It's showing IAS 200, HDG 000, ALT 10000 when on firmware 1.8

3. Then I run the mcp747.exe that got installed v2.6a. This gives me a message saying Mcp firmware upgrade available as www.mcp747.com but obviously this no longer exists.

4. The Mcp747 software when under Pmdg747 shows the ias as 0 but 200 on the Mcp, the hdg is shown as 000 along with the alt at 00000. No of these alter when I turn the dials unless I go to panel check. All then work as expected.

5. I tried running fsx at this point when pmdg747 is selected in the Mcp software but this doesn't work. What does happen however is that on the MCP the THR goes ON, FL CH goes ON, VS goes ON, and HOLD goes ON. All other dials go OFF. No turning of dials or pushing of buttons or switches work on MCP or in FSX. The mcp747 software is reflective of what the panel is showing.

I then tried installing firmware 2.2 and get this result:-

1. Turn on Mcp. Ias is at 200, hdg is at 000, alt is at 10000

2. Run mcpfirmware22.exe, select com3 and click update and wait. Update appears to go through ok

3. Unplug and plug back in Mcp and nothing is shown on the Mcp panel, no lights and no readings (thought I had broke it)

4. If I run the mcp747 software ias = 0, hdg = 000 and alt = 00000. No other lights are illuminated in the software. The mcp panel now shows only vert spd as 0000 but doesn't change when I turn the dial no do any of the switches light up when pressed.

5. If I go to panel check when this shows the correct switches and their position. Buttons and switch work on both Mcp and software however the dials still don't light up on the Mcp other than the vert speed which stays at 0000. The values do however alter in the software when the dials are turned

6. When I run fsx and the pmdg 747 this is what the mcp does. FL CH = ON, HOLD = ON, VS = ON, LOC = ON. No other switches or dials respond.

7. The mcp747 software shows something strange. All buttons are on as mentioned above in point 6, however the HDG = 21000, VS = +97200, ALT = 610800

Please note I am using fsx with fsuipc registered on windows 7 64bit. I do have the 64bit drivers installed (I believe).

Any ideas? Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdavenport View Post
    Hi

I have just managed to get hold of a second aerosoft 747 Mcp panel but am struggling to get this working. This is what I am doing but feel I must be missing something:-

1. I have installed the latest drivers and assigned to com3.

2. I have Mcp powered and connected to pc. It's showing IAS 200, HDG 000, ALT 10000 when on firmware 1.8

3. Then I run the mcp747.exe that got installed v2.6a. This gives me a message saying Mcp firmware upgrade available as www.mcp747.com but obviously this no longer exists.

4. The Mcp747 software when under Pmdg747 shows the ias as 0 but 200 on the Mcp, the hdg is shown as 000 along with the alt at 00000. No of these alter when I turn the dials unless I go to panel check. All then work as expected.

5. I tried running fsx at this point when pmdg747 is selected in the Mcp software but this doesn't work. What does happen however is that on the MCP the THR goes ON, FL CH goes ON, VS goes ON, and HOLD goes ON. All other dials go OFF. No turning of dials or pushing of buttons or switches work on MCP or in FSX. The mcp747 software is reflective of what the panel is showing.

I then tried installing firmware 2.2 and get this result:-

1. Turn on Mcp. Ias is at 200, hdg is at 000, alt is at 10000

2. Run mcpfirmware22.exe, select com3 and click update and wait. Update appears to go through ok

3. Unplug and plug back in Mcp and nothing is shown on the Mcp panel, no lights and no readings (thought I had broke it)

4. If I run the mcp747 software ias = 0, hdg = 000 and alt = 00000. No other lights are illuminated in the software. The mcp panel now shows only vert spd as 0000 but doesn't change when I turn the dial no do any of the switches light up when pressed.

5. If I go to panel check when this shows the correct switches and their position. Buttons and switch work on both Mcp and software however the dials still don't light up on the Mcp other than the vert speed which stays at 0000. The values do however alter in the software when the dials are turned

6. When I run fsx and the pmdg 747 this is what the mcp does. FL CH = ON, HOLD = ON, VS = ON, LOC = ON. No other switches or dials respond.

7. The mcp747 software shows something strange. All buttons are on as mentioned above in point 6, however the HDG = 21000, VS = +97200, ALT = 610800

Please note I am using fsx with fsuipc registered on windows 7 64bit. I do have the 64bit drivers installed (I believe).

Any ideas? Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark
    UPDATE..

Ok I thinkI have got a little further but still not working.

I have now got the panel running on 2.2 and all lights on the MCP work as expected in the panel test. However when I load FSX and put my PMDG at an airport (with PMDG747 selected in the MCP software), I alter the dials on the MCP and these change accordingly, however in FSX these don't change. I did notice in FSX that when I clicked PMDG747 in the MCP software it says in FSX "Aerosoft Australia MCP 747: Active".

Also when turning the dials they alter accordingly on the MCP and in the MCP software but then after 1 seconds the MCP and sofrware reset to 0's for Heading and ALT and 100 for IAS. Also no buttons highlight and stay on when pressed.

Help...

25+ Posting Member

The Aerosoft software itself is not PMDG compatible.

But if you are willing to spend another 60 euro it will work.
    You need this :

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/interfa...ft-mcp747-fsx/

Could I ask some kind soul to send the 64x drivers to:

awralls AT btinternet DOT com

Thanks in advance,

Andy
    North Yorkshire
    UK

Hi everyone,

This is one of the things i love about the FS scene. The way everyone inputs their skills to make the hobby better all the time.

Would someone send me the MCP 64-bit drivers please. Send to - r.ottey at virgin dot net

Would be brilliant to be able to continue using the MCP for as long as possible.

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi,

Could someone please forward the 64bit driver to the followig email address:-

be.direct@free.fr

Thanks everyone !

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level Jetcos's Avatar

Hoping someone can send me the drivers as well for a Win7 64 bit machine. Have the MCP all set up but no way to run it. Amazing how much dust collects on one of these when it sits for a long time unused!

scos at sympatico.ca

Many thanks!

Steve
    Last edited by Jetcos; 07-01-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: add email

I have been looking everywhere for Windows 7 64 Bit drivers for the Aerosoft MCP and would love to get them sent to me as well.

tpurkey@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!

Tom Purkey
    Dallas, Texas

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast