1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to set up my pc?

Hi,

i need gauges in my cockpit, i dont have simkits money so i have to go the software direction.

This is my idea:

I want 1 screen to display basic gauges and i want 1 screen as my visual display.

How do i make this happen? i have FS PANEL STUDIO to make my panel, thats easy to do, now once i have made my panel how do i start implementing it?

do i attatch 1 screen to input 1 on my graphics card and then 1 screen to input 2 on my graphics card, now how do i split the 2 up so they are seperate.

Do i simple drag the visual part up and then drag the control part down so i have 2 seperate interfaces, or do i have to go down the 2 pc network route?

any ideas? i really dont want to get complicated with this, i want to keep it simple!

cheers!

Alex

AP08

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Alex,

If you already have a 2 output (dual head) video card this is pretty straightforward. Most video cards come with a driver or utility set CD that has the control set for configuring two monitors. (Set up as 2 independent monitors...not one large monitor) There are also some special monitor utility programs available like "Ultramon" http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Anyway, once you have the monitors configured, you would simply complete your main panel as needed and then undock and drag them to the appropriate monitor position for FS.

Once they are the way you like them in FS, save the setup as a "flight"and you should be good to go.

Others here may have more input on the "un-docking" of monitors but this has worked well for me with a dual head pci card. (ATI1950GT)

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Last edited by Sweetwater; 12-16-2008 at 01:09 AM.