MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

You guys might be Interested...

Flew Yesterday From New York´s JFK to Guatemala La Aurora International Airport and of course it was 8:30 am in New York traffic was just at is peak.... We started Taxi from Spot 9 at International ramp after departuring Gate 30 and over Kilo to hold short of Alfa... I contacted ground and asked for TAXI... We where instructed to contact clearance Delivery again for new route instructions...

Contacted Clearance and he threw us the new route, as I started typing it on the MCDU and compared our distance with the new one we had like 250 more nautical miles....And also we had a Zig Zag shape on th ND with like an 80nm return back from where we previously flew...Weird... Fortunatelly our 30 minute Taxi in JFK allowed us to make the changes on the MCDU...

Took out the charts and started looking at the route and confirmed what I was seeing on the MCDU somehow by mistake the assigned route took us back north like 60 - 80 miles tehn back west like 80 miles then south again... We knew the problem will be fixed in the Air with Washington Center...

After our 30 minute Taxi we took off from 13R and turned on the Kennedy Nine departure. We climbed to FL340 contacted the second frequency of Washington Center and asked themif they could confirm our route... It didn´t took long to the guy to see the mistake and he immediattely answer ¨just hang there we´ll get you a new route¨

After a couple of minutes the nice controller assigned us the new route that will take is to the middle of Florida and then to the Gulf of Mexico... That was our second Re-Route... After a while we where changed to Jax Center or Jacksonville Center where we had a third re-route... After a while we had another Re-route on Jax too...

Later we where changed to Miami center and after a deviation due to weather we had a FIFTH RE-ROUTE... My god you should have seen the flight plan... Fixes and airways all over the place. We landed at Guatemala 5 hours after our Take off it was a long worked day jejejeje but a lot of fun... THose guys at Washington Centerand all of the centers around the U.S. Are very proffesional!!

Anyways thought you guys might be interested for a change.

Regards

Roberto Soriano

Thanks for that Roberto. Sure glad that doesn't happen on AVSIM - I would freak!

Darren

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

I was just thinking. Maybe we should have a place where pilots, real and virtuial, can put a little blurb about interasting flights? What do you guys think?

I meant VATSIM!

Darren

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Long time since I have flown in VATSIM how is it these days?

Regards,

Roberto