content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need Help Setting up PM please!!

Hi guys, need to pick your brain a little here. I have setup the PM suite
    Comp 1 = MCP
    Comp 2 = overhead
    Comp 3 = Capt PFD / ND. CDU

Using Pmfilecheck all is ok. Shared drives where it is suppose to be.
    I downloaded the latest Airac files and seems to have updated in the cdu.
    In the PFD.ini I set Type= CDU

I programmed the cdu as per normal. The preflight mode in the cdu.ini is set to off.

All way points are programmed and speed set.
    This is the problem. As I takeoff and engaged the autopilot Lnav and Vnav all seem to be ok , ie climbing thrust N1 to to cruise level that I set to 15000. At my next waypoint I need to be about 9000 ft which is about 45nm away from my current position. I set my Altitude in the mcp to the next alt which is 9000. Suddenly the aircraft started a rapid descent and reached it in no time. Then I realise that it was flying without the Vnav from the fmc. In otherwords even with vnav and lnav engaged I can still control the aircraft altitude with the mcp as if it was flying without the cdu.
    Lnav seems to be working fine however.
    Has anybody come accross this or am I just stuffing something up somewhere.

I checked pmfilecheck and everything is still connected!!. Waypoints are also displayed on the ND!!

Thanks in advance

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the

were you already above 9000 when you set that altitude in the MCP...not clear in your description..
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

25+ Posting Member

Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I was at 15000 feet. I guess to cut the long story short. The altitude setting in the fmc gets overridden by the altitude setting on the MCP. for example, If I was at cruising level at 15000 which was set on the FMC , I can change the altitude on the MCP as if I was flying without the fmc. However the aircraft turns and follows the fmc part ok to the next waypoint. Its just that its not following the altitude. Could it be the aircrat model. I havent changed any of that from the original installation files.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey,

If I recall correctly, when in Vnav, changing the altitude on the mcp will not do anything until TOD is reached. then if you set the altitude on the MCP for 9000 as you stated, the aircraft should only descend to the altitude of the wavepoint in the CDU. so even if the MCP is set for 4000 if the wavepoint is at 11500, the aircraft should not descend below 11500 until it passes the next wavepoint.

What MCP hardware are you using?

I would think this might be the issue.

Are you 100% sure that your Net Directory is correct for all softwares? and that at no time shoudl the net directory be located in "Program files\????"

The best way to create a good net directory is when all softwares are running go into the CDU, under the Maintenance heading, select Net Dir, and use the option in the cdu to create net dir on all machines. this will ensure that all the systems all talk to the same net directory.

Best regards,

Trev

300+ Forum Addict

I have had the same issue as Arwinpoon from time to time. And When the issue is there, The T/D does not show in ND all time. It can suddenly disappear. But I can see on FMC how far to T/D anyway. And if I am at FL330 and preselect 4500ft before passing waypoint in front of T/D, the plane does not follow Vnav but more like levelchange. Not really sure what can cause this.

Regarding MCP-hardware. Internal software can be updated. Check with supplier if you have latest update.

Also possible that navdata can cause this. Do you have latest version? I use 0810 now, and cant remember the issue was here with navdata 0810.

If paneles are removed on the flight-model you use, it should not cause any interference with your MCP. But one thing you can try to do is reload the aircraft during flight. Worth a try for sure. Click on the select aircraft option on the top menu during flight, and on the menu just press OK or FLY or whatever the button was called. Then FS reloads the same aircraft you fly. I use this sometimes when desktop-flying and get issues with losing engine control and stuff.

I am not the expert here, but this is anyway what I can suggest

25+ Posting Member

Ivar you are absolutely right. It acts as if it was on Lvl Change. You think Hardware could be the problem?. Im using CP flight software version 1.03 firmware which is the latest on their website!!. Ill try today just using the software version only and see how she goes. I really doubt it is the hardware issue but its worth to try.
    As for the latest Airac, how do I find out that I am using 0810?. All I did was download the latest version from Navigraph. However there are other stuff there that I see for Project Magenta, do I need to install those too. Im not sure what they are. Theyre readme files are pathetic!!.

Trevor, as for NetDir dont you only need to create this on the cdu machine? and share it as per instruction?. I use PM File check and everything seems to be ok there.

300+ Forum Addict

When you download FMC data from navigraph, the download is described as cycle 0810 (2008 month 10), current now is 0811. I have not installed this latest yet.

You need two downloads: The PM-fmc download, and the GC-download.

Can you see the Green T/D letters on your ND display when you have this issue? Or do they disappear during flight?

25+ Posting Member

Ivar,

I cant see tee Time Of descent at all. but I can hear the callout from PM sounds that says TOD 50 miles.

Ok yeah it is the 0811 then, and I unzip the file in the main folder of the CDU right!!. Just there only. I didnt do unzip it anywhere else.

I didnt install the GC one, where do I unzip that too and what does it do??. There are others for PM instructor and moving map that I see too. I wish there are better explanations on both the websites to tell you what needs to be downloaded and placed where. I am a firm believer if you dont know what it does then dont touch it!!.

300+ Forum Addict

LOL, you have to touch stuff to discover new stuff. The best educations are the expensive ones. (like building an simulator).

Yep, install in Main CDU folder. CDU-software copy the stuff into correct location itself. The GC-cycle you install in same way as CDU-cycle. But you install it on the computers where you have the GC-software. This is actually described in PM-manual. Should be a breeze to do

I think you can see the T/D lettering after installed the GC-cycle. At least sometimes LOL.

25+ Posting Member

EXPENSIVE!!!!!! who says!!! , I think I read in the instruction that you only need to install it in one of the GC software and it will upload it to the rest. Is this correct?, or do I physically go to every machine and unzip it and place it in the main GC folder one by one. This can cause the problem you think?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast