image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I sent a PM with the same question but got no reply

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below

Hey Steve. Another thing to think about for side visuals. I have flown Rob Archers sim and he has side limitations as well as he is using a real shell in a standard garage bay. What he was doing (may have changed) was using a 21" LCD in the side window. He lined it up as well as he could but the important thing here is you still got the movement ques from it which gives you the feeling of movement. A little hard to explain but I will see if he will allow me to post a few pics of his setup.

300+ Forum Addict

NicD and Manfred, I did reply but obviously you did not receive a reply.The photos I was referring to are on http://www.ifsbi.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=536
    Iwill post more on the view of the Triple head if you particularly need more information. The 3 projectors are situated almost touching the top of the cockpit at the rear, and are attached to the ceiling. The view covers 180 degrees from both front seats and the screens are 32 ft. by 4.5 ft in total. The effect is even greater using the demo of FSX, so I will be looking forward to its release shortly.
    Regards................Brian W.

Thanks heaps Brian - just what I was looking for!

With the triplehead2go I'm wondering if you find the FS forward view sufficent stretched across the three screens? i.e. does it matter that the left-forward and right forward views are not shown, or does the super-wide forward view only do the trick. Just wondering if there are any perspective / scaling problems at the far left/right of the screens?

cheers

Nic

300+ Forum Addict

Nic, basically you end up with a very wide view which is still the forward view but very wide. Therefore it depends where you place the pilot. The further back you go, the more top and bottom of the screen comes into view and you have a blank top and bottom area. If you angle the 2 side screens back as I have done then there is an error left and right if you are fairly close to the front screen, which is only noticeable when on the ground taxying. At this stage I thing the triplehead is the best solution, but again I suspect this will change with Vista and DX10. I do not think we will ever get the perfect solution, but we are getting very good results. Whichever way we go there will always be another way of doing it. Gets frustrating !!! Another great idea is on this site: http://www.dreamflight-cockpit.be/ ..........which makes use of wideview, and therefore has a better side view. Again I think you need to be prepared for change, especially when FSX comes out.
    Hope this helps...............Brian W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12