Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from a New Member

Hello All,
    I am a new member on IFSBI. I am a B747 Systems instructor and courseware developer for a major. I have 26 years industry experience working for 5 different majors as a mechanic, Flight Ops management and Flight Crew Instructor. I also am a long time fan of MSFS and build flight training devices. I have a few images posted in the gallery of my personal 747-Classic sim (a work in progress).

This September I will be one of the guest speakers at the AVSIM 2006 conference.........hope to see you all there.

Happy simming,

Mike Belmonte

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hi Mike. Glad to have you on board! I have seen your pics and you have a nice sim going there. I whish I could say the same for mine right now but since I just moved it is all over the garage. Hope to start reassembling it next week. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Super Moderator

Hi Mike,
    Welcome! What major airlines did you work for as a mechanic, I might have met you?

I was planning to go to the AVSIM convention last year in San Diego but I decided last minute not to go because there were hardly any cockpit builder vendors on the list. This year it might be a little different. Our buddy Peter Cos with Flight Deck Solutions will be going this year to the AVSIM convention so you will get a pretty good taste of some nice cockpit panels and cockpit interfaces. I would not be surprised if more cockpit builder vendors will show up just because Flight Deck Solutions will be there. Please let us know how it turns out.

Nice sim by the way, I’m a little ways out as far as flying my own sim.

JC

AVSIM 2006

Hi Joe,

This will be my first time attending/speaking at any FS conference. I currently work for Focus Air (new 747 cargo). My past companies are Pan Am, Tower Air, Atlas Air, jetBlue, and now Focus Air. I was in maintenance at JFK for Pan Am & Tower.

I have spoken w/Peter Cos in the past and look fwd to meeting & seeing FDS products. It's amazing how many industry pros are now into MSFS. That's part of what my presentation will be about.

Hope to meet with you at AVSIM.....

Regards,
    Mike B.

Super Moderator

Hi Mike,
    Wow, you have quite a resume. I won’t be going to AVSIM as I just got back from the IFC, which is an incredible flight sim convention. Just go to the main web page of the IFSBI and you will find The IFC official web site link there, I recommend everyone go to this convention. You can also scroll down this forum and locate the IFC section where you will be able to find a IFC report of this years convention.

Not sure how far you are in the current flight simulator vendor loop, if your new to what’s out there you will be surprised to find out that there are some incredible companies like Daken Sky’s And Engravity just to name a couple who make some outstanding product. These two companies can also be found on the main IFSBI web page.

Nice to meet you and I hope you hang around.

Joe