Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

new builder asking for help?

hello to all i have orded a sheet of aluminume and i am going to start with the mip i am abit confuzed with making the mip because i can not get proper mesurments i have from opencockpits the 737 mip but i can not understand the coners in degreese where themain panele and upper du is also the rounded curve how to do that if i could find a 3d panel whith dimentions i think it whould help

For me I started making LED displays for the MCP, then knobs then panels, Ive just finished the design for the MIP and tommorow will go shopping for screen's, switches and other bits and pieces for the MIP.

Then followed by the glare shield and MCP, then pedistal, throttles,floor, controls,shell, overhead, and onto interior linings, well thats the plan anyway then rip it all to pieces and do it all again

3. Thanks spiro thanked for this post

First of all I wanna introduce my self. Im a simmer from Norway, with abpout 1 years experience by now.
    I also wanna take the chans to thank everyone in here for all the good help and tips Iw received after I reg, my acount.

Cheers everyone.
    Well, back to the tread. For me the idea of building my own CP started not long ago. But now after alot of studys I started my first prosjekt.
    I found out that TQ was a good start for me that is. Its not as teknical hard and theres alot of good plans out here. I thought that this would give me a simple but important experience for further instrument building.
    Its a kind of budget prosjekt for me as much as its gonna be fearly close to real. If I find switches and stuff in an old scrapy buss its okey for me. Same about the led lights around. As long its corectly spotted on the OH for an example and have the function from real world its okey if it comes from an old stereo system for that matter.

I spent alot of time study the plans and peoples experience around on the web before I get on with the practicle part of the job. Hopefully my TQ will be ready some time this month.

After that my plans are to either go for a yoke or the pedestals with the radio/com/nav system. I have the stick from saitek and plan to use the interference and potmeters from that one. Just make it looks and function like the 737 style. I see most folks uses steel and aluminum for the yoke, but I plan to use plastic tubes thats leftovers from last bathroom restore job I did
    I dont welding my self but Im a racer with Araldit rapid
    I must also have in mind that its gonna be stuffed away every now and then (apartments are a living **** for a simmer) so the weight are a kind of isue as well.
    Anyway Il probalby put out some picks after a while.

Yet again, thanks alot for all the great plans, ideas and help Iw got from you guys.

Per Berge. Oslo-Norway.

10+ Posting Member

Hello folks,

I have decided to begin with the Overhead of my 737-NG800. My aim is to simulate the system of the aircraft as close as possible. The OH ist the brain of the whole thing and really a challenge to weld and make it work (with pmSystems). If I can cope with this part, then the rest will be childsplay (well, nearly ). If I should realise that after the OH-experience the rest is going to be too complicated to carry on, I could sell the whole overhead or use it alone with my desktop-sim.

Mark
    from Germany

Per
    You should consider to join Oslo Flysim klubb (thas Oslo flightsim Club for you english ppl)
    You know me as Mr. Østtveit from flightsim.no.
    We are some few cockpit buliders and regular flightsim geeks gathering once each month to talk flightsim, building and aviation.
    I'm also starting to build a TQ as my next task in the 737 project. Just got to finish up the yoke and the gear handle first. I guss its a few weeks off still.

Check out www.ofkl.org

Were to start

Well at this time I am sorting out the displays, I have a TH2Go for the outside view and am setting up the MIP on a second computer. My setup is on a table at this time with a CH yoke and pedals and a seat on a box. I am regularly flying the sim while I sort out the issues. I have not settled on a cockpit to build as yet but once the computers are sorted the rest should be "easy".

Peter

300+ Forum Addict

I began building, and I am still building, the TQ. Since this is for me a complex assembly I am also working on the MIP and FCU. I agree with being able to fly while I build. The MIP test-fitting is complete, and the FCU is ready for assembly. Probably not "final" final assembly though......... I hope to build an over-the-dash shelf for external view monitors this weekend, and maybe get the general assembly of the pedestal together as well. The mechanical portions of the build are the most difficult for me, so I cherry-pick the other stuff, avoiding the hard parts until I become less intimidated and more capable.

BuddyM

737 MIP with MCP and EFIS, 6 weeks ago. I'm only flying test rounds: take off, turn and land again. My planning: outside view (3x 32" flatscreen), FMC, pedestal, overhead, throttle, dual linked controls. Somewhere down the line the shell, haven't decided yet when is the best time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12