25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi from a new 727 builder

Hi fellow sim-builders,

I would like to introduce myself: I live in Berlin, Germany and I started to work on a B727 cockpit a couple of months ago.
    Initially I planned on a 737NG but when I had a chance to get some real parts I changed my mind. I was using the OGS glass cockpit software (by the way, it's really great - for those who have not yet tried it) and I will still use the NAV display (otherwise I might get in trouble when flying online, if I don't find the waypoints). I am using FS9 and the 727 software is the Dreamfleet 727. The IO cards are from OpenCockpits (again, I can really recommend trying that if you are not yet dedicated to another system, especially if you live in Europe and can obtain the products quick and cheaper than stuff from overseas) with SIOC as the programming software.
    So far I managed to get the first switches going ((lights, probably for those experienced builders not a great deal, but it is a great feeling to turn a switch and the FS aircraft lights light up ) and I wired up the parking brake lights. It should work to use the original 727 light with an output card and a 24 V system. At least in theory. The light lights up but have not yet connected it to the card and the computer.
    The things I am proudest of are a 727 overhead and a 727 throttle. The idea is (as I really consider it as a privilege to own parts that spent 20 years in airline service) to use as much of the original wirings, lights and components as possible.
    Currently I am working on a stand to put the overhead over my head(actually, I try to get someone build it for me) and to be sure it does not fall down and end both a promising project and a promising newbie. As soon as the stand is ready I will complete the wiring of the overhead and then I will take care of the throttle.

I will add pictures as the project becomes "showable" and I am glad to see so many other 727 builders (actually, this aircraft seems to have a sim builder renaissance) with great projects and great results.

Greetings from Germany,
    Florian

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

OH NO!!!! another B727.... Hold back Mike.... here we go again.... LOL

Welcome aboard, seems you'll have a few B727 friends here. Glad to have you here, I look forward to seeing some pics of your project.

Matt Olieman

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

YEEESSSS!

Welcome to the site Florian. There are a few of us here with a 727. It's not an impossible build, but it's not as off-the-shelf as more popular aircraft.

If any of us can help, just let us know.

Congrats on picking the finest narrow body Boeing ever built.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!