Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpilot View Post
    Being Positive.... repeat...being positive.... repeat...
    Try it first ..COME ON RAY !!
    I'd love to be positive but unless I know what's been fixed it's difficult. My main gripe - turning in towards a waypoint when within 3 miles - is still not fixed according to Marco.

It should be standard procedure to advise what has changed with new builds. What's the point of the Changes link otherwise?

I'll still update, probably later in the week.

Well guys, any comments on the new builds of the Airbus type ??

Haven't had the chance to test yet, but there are MANY more bugs and items to take care of than on the Boeing side of things...
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com

150+ Forum Groupie

A320 and updates

Luis,
    I have done few flights with new updates and they were pretty much ok.
    I'm struggeling to configure PMSystems 114 with my overhead hardware.
    I'm glad Enrico found a fix to the cold&dark problem in FSX. Anyway there are
    some oddities like the viper goes to slow position in startup and some extra leds
    are still on in cold&dark. PMSystems does not recognize my switch positions also
    as it should. I have to re-check everything again.
    I flew EFHK-ESSA (Helsinki-Stockholm) Startup almost ok, taxi ok, takeoff ok,
    in climb it did not reach TOC as MCDU calculated, cruise ok, descent ok, approach
    ok except no DECEL point, locking to the ILS path ok, Touchdown ok, the rest ok.
    I need to fly more.

75+ Posting Member

for some reason i cant get my engines to start with the new pm sys builds.

been trying to work it out for ages.

i can get one running...but when i lift the fuel lever to start the next one, the first one cuts off. then i cant start either of em.

????????

25+ Posting Member

Hi at all. I use the last update from PM (24 Aug) for BOEING and i saw these problems:
    1) When i want to setup my N1 value from CDU for the take-off, doesn't reflect in EICAS (for example .. i want to use the TO-1 instead of TO normal).. in my CDU the value change while in the EICAS remain always the value of TO mode (in my case 109.1).
    2) The V-NAV mode: when arrive the TOD the aircraft start to descent in any case also if i don't touch the altitude in the MCP. Also if i set in the MCP one altitude intermediate the aircraft continue to descend without consider the value of altitude in the MCP.

Some problems for someone ?

Ciao,
    Giuseppe

Hello
    For which aircraft type is the error report ? B744 doesn't seems to have that problem.
    Many Greetings
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

I worked with Encrico a few weeks ago around the time of this release to try to fix the SID/STAR issues. Some of it is fixed, but some bugs with STARS are still there. The CDU software still doesn't handle STARs with multiple transitions very well. Selecting a transition still cuts off half the route.

I guess back to the email with Enrico...

25+ Posting Member

At SID there is also in the last build the failure of erasing the whole route. Excample MEROS departure in LEPA, one of the 24L/R Runways is ok the other erase the whole route. Tested with LEPA-EDDM
    Route: MEROS UN853 LUMAS UM985 SUMIR UM726 BZO UT101 MATAR T101 OBAGA

Regards

Roland

Ok, here is pretty much an email I just fired off to PM support. Just a few of the bugs I am still seeing with the latest builds. Can other people confirm these bugs or am I just "special"??

After several weeks of testing the STAR problem is still there. I am still seeing STARS cut in half after selecting a transition. Some airports work better than others, but one of the worst ones that always freaks the CDU are KORD and KEWR.

I also have a significant issue with a STAR with a preset altitude restriction, or even if I enter one manually. When selecting the JVL4 arrival at KORD, besides the aforementioned transition problem, the altitude setting at TEDDY @ 10000 causes the CDU to freak out. Basically it sets ALL preceding waypoints to 10000ft and total throws the climb out of whack. The only way to ‘fix’ it is to delete the restriction and go the CRZ page and reenter the cruise altitude. That will sometimes force the CDU to fix itself. Other times I have to manually enter my cruise altitude at the next waypoint as a restriction. It stays bold for a second then finally accepts the cruise and enters it for all the other enroute waypoints as your cruise. This is not a unique problem to KORD and the JVL4, and happens all the time. The PHLBO1 at KEWR is another one that makes the CDU practically useless with user intervention. Indication of this problem is during preflight on the CLB page it lists the arrival area altitude restriction as the T/C with the distance to go. Like I said above sometimes reentering the cruise altitude manually resets this. This problem has been around for quite some time.

Another annoying issue that I have been seeing is the distance calculations. I attached a screenshot (fsscr032.jpg) that shows the CDU telling me I am 4740 miles remaining on my flight to ORD. Well I was pretty certain that at the time of that screenshot I was over Nebraska! This bug throws obviously throws the fuel calculation way off, but more importantly the T/D and VNAV since it wants to descend way to late probably because it thinks it has several thousand more miles to go.

Third issue: when flying SIDs with intercept instructions, the ND does not properly display the correct turns to intercept, and the autopilot does not follow the correct guidance. A good example is the LOOP4 at KLAX, but also the SUMMA6 at KSEA (http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0809/00582SUMMA.PDF). The autopilot will turn direct to intercept the radial any way it can regardless of the proper procedure. The PFD/ND, well, don’t even bother looking at the ND for any guidance… the route display with INTC and (altitude) commands are completely screwed up.

I will try to start getting more screenshots of these problems when they occur so you can see what I am seeing on my system.

I am using the latest and greatest version of the PFD, CDU, and MCP available from the website. Also using AIRAC 0807 available on the website.

Has anyone else reported these issues??
    I also attached another screenshot for you all here to see the weird altitude calculations. Maybe it is linked with the CDU thinking O'Hare is on the other side of the world for some reason. See the restriction at TEDDY, but the calculated preceeding altitudes and altitude at KRENA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by michelmvd View Post
    Hello
    For which aircraft type is the error report ? B744 doesn't seems to have that problem.
    Many Greetings
    Michel
    Hi, thanks for reply... I speak about the B737.

Ciao,
    Giuseppe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12