Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Sorry for the delay...

Michael,

I'm sorry about the delay; the weekend was a little longer then normal. Thursday through Sunday-planning, setup, flying on the day of, and take-down on the day after. So, I need two more days (yesterday and today) to actually relax.

Anyway, here is how this panel measures out:

Its 11 inches from side to side at the widest points, its 9 inches in height from points based on the back of the panel, and 6 inches deep from back to front (to top of knob). This panel has/is angled in a right trapazoid shape. So, you could remove some of the metal if width, height or depth are an issue.

In which case you're only concerned with the facing of the panel and not the actual mounting that is intended for the B727 real shell.

I attached a photo for you...

Thanks,

John

2. Thanks Michael Carter thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Wow, I had no idea it was that big. I really goofed on the size of the cockpit aft of the sliding window. That should have been at least another 6" back.

Thanks for taking the time to measure this for me, but I can't use it. I'm going to have to fake it and build it myself in the limited space I have for it.

The one I build will be only 8" wide with virtually no depth at the top, but angling out and then back under.

Too bad I didn't have the pictures I needed of this area of the cockpit until after the construction was finished.

Thanks again.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!