2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Photoshop problem

I didn't know where else to post this and it only relates to sim building because of what I'm trying to print.

I downloaded the PPG Aerospace Glass logos from their website. This is for all sorts of electronic and print applications. I'm trying to reproduce the PPG decals for the windows.

When I try to print out the decal I can't get it to show up in color and the black printing is washed out. I've tried printing it as a .psd, .gif, and .jpg file and it always looks the same. It's in color on the screen with the lettering very black, but it won't print like this.

The other work I've done is fine and in color and I have plenty of ink. I can't figure out what's happening with this logo.

Are there any Photoshop pros that might know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

I opened it up in Fireworks and looked at it.
    The colors are not black, they are custom colors with some off transparencies included in them.

Try re-painting the logo with straight colors and no weird gammas.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi Mike,

Take a screenshot of it then open it as a bitmap...

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Smile Tested changing colors

Hi Mike, guess I don't understand. I use Paint Shop and was able to change colors and print with what ever I did.

Here is a test (not perfected and not finished) but was able to change colors....

Matt Olieman

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I tried using the pickup tool to re-color the blue logo and changed everything to opaque but it didn't seem to matter. I tried using another program called Serif Photoplus 6.0 and that didn't make any difference either. I have to open it up in the Serif application as Photoshop wouldn't allow me to save it as any other format except .psd. I didn't have any luck color printing it in any format though.

Maybe I selected the wrong file type. Here is what was in the download:
    Windows Metafile .WMF, .tiff and .eps for Adobe Illustrator.

There are also color variations like, CYMK, RGB, and Pantone. I don't understand much about that, but I think it's a different way of representing colors.

I'll try your idea Matt in Paintshop and see if I get better results.

I've never run into this problem before.

The reason I'm printing through Photoshop is because it allows me to place this logo anywhere on the page using measurements. I'm printing on adhesive labels. Or attempting to. I didn't see the option to move the decal around in other apps.

I'll fool with this more tonight when I get home from work.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!