Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Ray,

I don't know what hardware you have working with PM, but...

CPFlight MCP and MCPPro Drivers Released - Saturday, October 04, 2008
    We are very excited to announce the release of two new driver interfaces for our customers.

The CPFlight MCP and MCPPro (with optional EFIS, radio stack, transponder and MIP panel modules) have won accolades with several hundred (if not thousand) flight sim enthusiasts and cockpit builders alike. Up to now, compatibility with PMDG aircraft addon products has been lackluster, and only via the use of mouse emulation and keyboard commands.

As such, we are happy to provide owners of CPFlight hardware a specialized driver to interface their units with the FS2004 PMDG line of products (737NG as well as 747-400 family), but also another driver to work with the 747-400X Queen of the Skies for Flight Simulator X.

Purchaser must already own and have installed CPFlight MCP or MCPPro modules, with optional components, in order to use these drivers.

For more information, click on the Interfaces menu. For the FS2004 version, go directly to the driver page here and for the FSX product, click here.

FlyEngravity CDU Driver Released - Friday, August 29, 2008
    Today we officially announced our latest specialized driver application, this time to provide an interface between Engravity hardware and Flight Simulator software.

This specific interface allows owners of Engravity's 737 and 747 CDU hardware to interface their CDUs with the PMDG 747-400X Queen of the Skies for Flight Simulator X. Purchaser must already own and have installed an Engravity 747-400 or 737 CDU in order to use this driver. Requires that the user also have installed the PMDG 747-400X for FSX line of products, along with the latest Service pack.

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/

Cheers,

Jon

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnoize View Post
    why would you want to use level-D with PM ?
    Stef,

I don't particularly want to use the Level-D. I'm just looking for a 767 with a good air file and the independents seem to have them.

Can you recommend an alternative? Or are you saying that PM's Boeing Suite can only be used with the 737 and no other Boeings? I would find that strange.

I don't have a cockpit like some of you have. I just like a change of aircraft occasionally.

Hi Jon,

I use the Aerosoft MCP747. It's served me well for about 5 years now. I also have several GoFlight modules. Mine is not a proper cockpit - just a collection of various bits but they all work together.

I'm aware that there are drivers available for certain hardware to be used with the PMDG but I'm looking to interface through PM. It seems that is not possible because of PMDG policy of keeping their interface code secret.

No matter. I'll stick with my 737 for now and try any recommended freeware Boeings that have decent air files assuming they're compatible with PM.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Proudfoot View Post
    Stef,

I don't particularly want to use the Level-D. I'm just looking for a 767 with a good air file and the independents seem to have them.

Can you recommend an alternative? Or are you saying that PM's Boeing Suite can only be used with the 737 and no other Boeings? I would find that strange.

I don't have a cockpit like some of you have. I just like a change of aircraft occasionally.
    You can use PM for the bigger boeings too...but the logics for the 747/767/777 are less developed (overhead, eicas, etc) than of the 737.

PM has allways primairily focussed on the 737

In case of the pmdg 747 its not a matter of wanting to keep the offsets secret. As Michel mentioned earlier in this thread, the 747 is a complete program within FS(X).

All logics, including the autopilot are programmed by PMDG. Basically the PMDG 747 only uses FS for the visuals.

Project Magenta is heavily dependent on the FS autopilot. Since PMDG 747 doesnt use the FS autopilot logics it cant be used with PM.

(unlike the PMDG 737)

You say you dont want to build a full flightdeck, then why not use the level-D 767 ?
    It can be interfaced in a very high grade.
    Take a look here: http://www.lekseecon.nl/

Nico specializes in interfacing the level-d 767 to a very high extent.

If you dont have a PM licence yet, i would take a look at this. PM seems a bit of a overkill for your purpose.

If you allready have a PM licence, well......then i'd suggest to switch to a 737

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

Hi Stef,

Nico's setup is very impressive but far beyond what I could do or even desire to do. I do have the PM Boeing Suite. I bought it about 5 years ago so I'm well versed in using it.

I don't have PM Systems - just the Boeing Suite but that's fine for my needs.

I appreciate PM is angled towards the 737 but with the right configuration files it can also support the other aircraft in the fleet. Sadly, no-one seems to have provided those files for many years. Perhaps people don't believe the MelJet or Posky fleet are worthy contenders? I have dabbled with a 777 but the aircraft textures were very slow to load.

Not to worry. I'm quite happy with the PMDG737. I just hankered after something different. If that means sacrificing functionality then so be it. I'll just have to get back into Concorde and leave you all standing!

150+ Forum Groupie

I have dabbled with a 777 but the aircraft textures were very slow to load.
    If you do feel like the 777 you might like to look at the new very reasonably priced software package from www.sim-avionics.com as an alternative to PM.

--
    Bryn

Quote Originally Posted by brynjames View Post
    If you do feel like the 777 you might like to look at the new very reasonably priced software package from www.sim-avionics.com as an alternative to PM.

--
    Bryn
    Hi Bryn,

I need to find a decent 777 first. But having said that I have no desire to move away from PM which is a first-class system.

I'm not desperate to switch away from the PMDG737 but occasionally it would be nice to fly something a bit larger and given the flexibility of PM's aircraft config files it shouldn't be difficult.

MelJet seems to have fallen by the wayside. Heck, I might even try the default 777. I think FS9 has one.

Hi Bryn,

I need to find a decent 777 first. But having said that I have no desire to move away from PM which is a first-class system.

I'm not desperate to switch away from the PMDG737 but occasionally it would be nice to fly something a bit larger and given the flexibility of PM's aircraft config files it shouldn't be difficult.

MelJet seems to have fallen by the wayside. Heck, I might even try the default 777. I think FS9 has one.
    Project Opensky's 777 is excellent. You may want to check them out: http://projectopensky.com/downloads-index.php

9. Thanks Ray Proudfoot thanked for this post

Thanks Thunder. Downloaded the 777-200 and currently enroute EGLL-FAJS. Looking good so far.

No problem Ray. I hope it works out for you. I find myself switching between the various Boeing airframes as well since I have a more generic desktop setup. The trick is finding decent PM CDU aircraft files, or at least finding the info to make your own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast