Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

If you are brave enough then take a look here

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

I found the XP guide very useful but this is not for the faint hearted and it helps if you know a bit about what you are doing.

Hope this is of use

Ralph
    Speedbird17

I follow the guides written by NickN. This guy is a software guru having worked for NASA and the like and I have never seen fs run so nice until I followed his tutorials. definately worth a read so look for the green gecko.

System Setup
    http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1208959973

FSX Setup
    http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1197380641

FS9 Config Tweaks
    http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...1211055375/0#7

FSX Fine Tuning
    http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...=1205673302#14

Gary

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

I'm running FS9 on a 2.0 Ghz D.C. machine and I've never seen it so smooth. Mine is only an 800Mhz FSB, but it's doing a tremendous job for me. No stutters or pauses and I'm using Fly Tampa Vienna, Mega Frankfurt, GA1, a freeware de Gaulle system crusher, and the taxing DF727.

2GB of memory, and all the FS9 configuration stuff I could find as well as XP configuration for best performance.

You'll be very happy with your new system.

Seems that MS always brings out an FS version that's two or three generations ahead of the latest computer at the time of release. Well, I've finally caught up and actually have exceeded FS9 requirements by a wide margin. I'd never be able to run FSX on this system, that's a few systems down the road. Probably about the time the next FS is released. That doesn't bother me though, I'm quite satisfied with FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Mike,

The other night I took a look at my FS9 settings and the marjority of them are at 75% or greater to the right, so Im thinking that although the sim may not look a tremendous amount better it will definately fly silky smooth, right?

I have the following addons:

FlyTampa Midway
    FT Seattle
    FT TNCM
    Imagine Sim Nassau, Bahammas
    IS San Juan PR
    IS New Orleans
    Flight Zone Rhode Island and Portland
    MegaScenery Washington DC
    ...several freeware sceneries that are good like FreeFlow Florida, etc.

PLUS Ground Environment and the most awesome Ultimate Terrain.

Im thinking that I can now fly into all of these with 100% AI and start using my Active Sky again and maybe even go back to Radar Contact possibly all without much hit.

It's all the $$$ spent on these products along with the lingering issues that make me scared to move to FSX, although when I do fly it on the desktop, it looks fantastic even when the FPS' are low.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Update Part I

Well, it's ALIVE!

Last night I got started good about 9PM and I went to bed at 4 this morning (only about 5 hours ago from this posting time) after playing around with all it's features and checking and re-checking settings. I am very glad to say that I couldnt be happier with how well everything went from the build process and no glitches what-so-ever on Windows install and getting it all up to speed. I was too tired to walk back outside to get FS9 so I installed Call of Duty 4 that came with the MONSTER 9800 GTX card and man, it looks like a console game's performance!

So, tonight with any luck, I will be installing FS9 and the 9.1 update and then slowly start getting it online for use with the LJ45 sim.

Thanks for your inputs and I look forward to reporting silky smooth flights into some major traffic areas hopefully.

Oh Yeah, thanks for the links to those helpful tweaks by NicN. too.
    Last edited by Tomlin; 07-24-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: oh yeah...
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Hey I just got through building a new machine after the HD died in a major way. It would have cost $500-1000 to have the data recovered or drive fixed so I figured it was time to build something that would run FSX. So I got an ASUS MB with 2 PCIE X16 slots and 3 PCI slots, 2GB DDR2 800 ram from COSAIR. It will overclock to 1066, an Intel Quad core cpu, 8800 PCIE and 8600 PCIE video cards. I will put one of my 6200 PCI cards in so I can have the 5 outputs I need. I'm now waiting for XP to install on a 650GB SATA HD. It's going to take forever for it to format. I'v had to order a new copy of FS9 from Microsoft because my disk 4 has damage on it that won't allow it to install. I tried with a different HD in the old machine and it just wouldn't load. Had to buy a new copy of the Wilco/Feelthere ERJ-145, I can't find the record of when I bought it. Oh well this time I got it on disk too. Broke down and bought the FSX version of FSUIPC so I can map everything in FSX on the ERJ. The only thing I really hate about the HD crash is the loss of the custom scenery files I had made for some of my favorite airports. Looks like I'll be spending time with EZ-Scenery again.
    Here's a pic of the inside of the new machine. Cost about $560.00 Ordered it on the 21st and got everything today, 24th.
    Regards,
    Brian

Airbus

All I can say guys is Ultimate Defrag is the best money you can ever spend, it is really really good at getting high performance for FS at least for me. JMO Eric I play COD4 on my sim comp all the time , hopefully we can meet online, um guess my online name .... REVEREND See ya in the sand Sir OORAH!

Tim
    A340
    Canada

I've got it, so it will be one of the first things I install after XP finishes (70% formated now) and I get the moboard and video drivers installed.
    Regards,
    Brian

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

O&O Defrag is right up there too.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!